View Single Post
Old 01-29-2005, 05:16 PM   #3
staceyv
Lecturer

Oh yeah, I must be SUCH a control freak because I would like my husband to hang my towel up instead of leaving it bunched up on the couch, and how awful of me to want a native russian speaker to spend 5 minutes a day helping me learn. And any woman who doesn't like to fall in the toilet in the wee hours of the morning because her husband left the seat up is CRAZY.

The title was meant to attract attention, but I'm not trying to "train" my husband, jesus. I think that we should share equal responsibilities in the household. We both work and pay half of the bills. I do all of the cooking, dishes, bill-paying, errands like grocery shopping, going to the bank, etc. I bring him coffee and breakfast in bed to be nice, and I make his lunch for him.
He works and watches tv and reads the news online.
These are 100% of my household expectations for him:
1) put the toilet seat down, I don't want to fall in.
2) after you throw my towel on the couch, hang it back up after you shower, because if it's wet, it starts to smell like mold, and the dog lays on it.
3) you are a native russian speaker and I am trying to learn. I spend hours everday cooking or cleaning or doing errands. Please give me 5-10 minutes of your time to help me.
4) please don't be a TOTAL slob. I don't mind if you leave your dirty socks and clothes on the floor, I'm used to it. But the living room looks like crap because you're living out of a laundry bag on the couch.
5) Drink, eat and smoke whatever and whenever you want. Just be happy. I don't care how many hours you watch t.v or how often you screw me, or if you have to work overtime. I can live with a kiss in the morning and at night and let's cuddle while we sleep. A day together once a week is nice.
the end.
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote