View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 11:46 AM   #107
staceyv
Lecturer

I'll have to get that book the next time I go on a self-help shopping spree on Amazon
When someone hurts my feelings or makes me angry, my tactic is to completely avoid them. I won't look at them and I'll only speak to them if absolutely necassary, very cool and without making eye contact. I went a whole year without talking to my stepfather when I was 16- and we lived together! I went 1 1/2 years without talking to the cook who made me cry, except to say "I need fries on that club, please" and the latest mangirl who upset me, I'm not looking at her either. I just want them to fade away. Yeah, this is probably an unhealthy way to deal with them, but I can't bring myself to like people who hurt/ distress me, and it won't make my life easier if I tell them to f&%$ off every time I see them, either.
Besides, I didn't mention this in my first post, but the mangirl who upset me that day, well I told another girl about it and she could tell I was upset. She must have went to mangirl and told her she should apologize. I heard mangirl say, very loudly "I'm not gonna apologize for something if I'm not sorry!" And yes, I am sure that they were talking about the same situation, because I asked the nice girl, and she admitted that mangirl wasn't sorry and refused to apologize.
ANYWAY, yes, I am feeling better, I guess. I don't know. I have an appointment with a psychtherapist on Feb 7. I would like to see what I can do about my lack of motivation and boredom with life in general. ..But I have no problems that I can think of right now, except for this damn Visa/MC merchant processing sales job that I got myself into, that I don't want to do because it's boring and I hate sales, but I have all these friggin business cards, and I feel obligated, and my husband thinks it's such a good idea...UGH! Other than that, everything's peachy
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote