Thread: crushes
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 01:44 PM   #24
kerosene
Touring the facilities

I was in 9th grade, and where I lived, 9th grade was still in Jr High. I knew this kid named Jim Powell, who lived in my neighborhood. He was an 8th grader at the time. I thought he was so cute...he had really blond hair and blue eyes and he was incredibly annoying, which for some reason, I found endearing in the 9th grade. He played trombone in the band and I played flute, so I would turn around and look at him when I thought he might not see me. He was also in my math class. Anyway, I was obsessed with this kid...I drew a picture of him from his picture in the yearbook, and use to listen to songs that had the name "jim" or "jimmy" in the lyrics. I was a dreamer, so I would think about growing up as a teenager and dating him. I even imagined what our wedding would be like. I was truly in puppy love...Until one day I got enough courage to ask him out. I called him on the phone one day after school and asked if he wanted to go skiing with me over the weekend. He said he would think about it and then never called back or gave me an answer. I was so embarassed and ashamed...I thought he must have been laughing at me behind my back, because of it. I guess those kind of experiences are pretty common among young kids. I feel like that story is pretty boring and common. Maybe you guys will think I am a little psycho...hehe. Oh well.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote