Thread: Big Unit
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 08:23 PM   #3
Griff
still says videotape

This is a trade that really plays into everything folks (other than me) hate about the Yankees. The Yanks minor league system is now officially empty. Can they continue to be solvent only hiring expensive proven talent? George thinks so and he does know that you'll get butts in the seats and merchandising done if you field a serious team. Boston has figured that out. I didn't follow the Mariner jail break that closely but I wonder how they managed to shake loose all that talent. They were developing a national/international following, the money was just starting to roll in... maybe it felt too much like a game of chicken to the ownership. It's not all about market size, although I suspect the Brewers are truly screwed.

I can't imagine batting against a guy who is right on top of you when he releases the ball. Scarey event especially in the dh league. Definition of fun- opening day in the Bronx, Bostons in town and you can make a pretty good guess who the pitching matchup will be.

feel free to flame, I would