View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 09:35 AM   #36
garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble
I believe that's a joke about some sort of mathematical or physics theory, no? Nobody gets it, dude.

Garnet, your spats with wolf aside, this is why you end up in so many flamewars with various people on this board. Maybe you don't realize it, but that comment comes off as rather rude and dismissive. If you were speaking the sentence in real life, perhaps you would somehow use your tone to make it clear that you were teasing (if indeed you were,) but when typed out, with no emoticons to help express what you mean, you look as if you just lashed out in a condescending manner towards someone who merely made a joke.
How did I know I would hear from you next? Hmmm, probably because you take every chance you get to attack my posts--not surprising.

I did not intend to insult the individual who made that joke, and I apologize if I did. He, however, did not seem to be insulted by it, did he? He politely explained the joke, which I appreciate, and did not seem to be offended whatsoever. And I thought the use of the slang term "dude" in post may have hinted that I ws just joking around, but apparently people like you, wolf, and dar512 are hell-bent on insisting that I'm insulting people. Why don't you get off my ass? You go out of your way to rip on me, just as you've done practically since day one (and the same is true of wolf). I ignore your posts because I don't like you. Perhaps you can show me the same courtesy. Thank you.
garnet is offline   Reply With Quote