View Single Post
Old 12-25-2004, 11:12 AM   #130
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysycamore
Really? I was just thinking the same of you.
It's hard to go wrong if you share a few thoughts with me, but you missed a few vital steps.

Quote:
*shrugs* I thought an opinion was an opinion no matter where it came from.
True, but that doesn't make it a good opinion. One formed from an aggregation of knowledge and ideas that gives you a defensible point.

Quote:
Boy, for someone who like to study, you sure ask a lot of questions that I wouldn't have expected for someone of your expertise.
That's because your idea of rhetoric is a snap and a turbo chicken neck twist.

Quote:
Oh and BTW, yes I DO have a clue of the accomplishments of various ethnic groups, thanks.
Then make with discussion instead of evasion.

Quote:
LOL, again your assumptions.
Never said it was "good" or "bad". It just "is". You can try to understand all you damn well want to. That doesn't mean that you will. And wow, sometimes, it's OKAYYYY to not understand everyone and everything! Whatta concept! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe in your world ignorance is acceptable. Even the things that I'm unable to understand are brought back out into the light for a second or third study when time permits.

Quote:
"Crossover" is great, but that's not what I was talking about. Sure, there are some things that all/any group can relate to, and find some common ground, but there will be *some* things that we will not relate to when it comes to certain parts of various cultures. I'm talking about connections on a deeper level than just "studying" and "discussing".
The is nothing, nothing that seperates people other than thought. To perpetuate the idea of "it's a black thing," or "aryan supremecy" is intellectual laziness and a crime against humanity because it is the root of what is wrong in most of the world.