View Single Post
Old 12-24-2004, 04:30 PM   #5
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I went to the mall today. Yes, Christmas Eve. After 1600 hrs too. What am I, crazy? Perhaps, but overall it was one of the more pleasant mall experiences I've had.

I'm not generally a big fan of the mall. I go when I have to. I avoid the mall during Stressmas season at all costs.

But one of my mailorder items didn't arrive as quickly as I'd hoped ... so I had to scoot over to get something for mom. Something was not clearly defined when I went in the door, but turned into a Mambo for Women (perfume) gift set. And a Chick-Fil-A calendar, which she usually buys herself, but didn't mention this year, so either she didn't get one already, or she'll be able to score twice as much free stuff from her favorite fast food restaurant.

I had salespeople actually say "Merry Christmas" instead of a bland "Happy Holidays" too. I'll be making a point of spending at Boscovs as a consequence.

I also had a nice moment. A lady was leaving the mall as I was preparing to enter. She had one of those stroller-carts filled with stuff. She looked around the area and saw that there weren't any handicapped ramps to make it easy to get down into the lot. She asked me if I'd be willing to watch her cart for her while she got her car.

I wasn't under any real pressure, or in a hurry, so I agreed.

It's nice to know that there are still people who trust in the world.

We Merry Christmassed each other, she threw in an extra "Jesus is Lord" for good measure, and we parted, each the better for it in our own way.

Oh, and on the above post about work yesterday, I left out one "being hit by an old lady" because she didn't really mean it, and couldn't put any strength behind it, anyway.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote