View Single Post
Old 11-18-2004, 07:32 PM   #17
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar
Good cheese, is, as a rule, bloody hard to find, I know of only one proper fromagerie in London for crying out loud and they're sandwiched between a single malt wiskey shop and a cigar shop (I do love that street).
Does said cheese shop manage not to be contaminated by a speck of cheese?

And is the shopkeeper tired of American Tourists trying to play that particular game, or is this one of those places that tourists never find?

Have I ever mentioned to you that I never get enough cheese?

I've a pretty broad range of cheese likes, few dislikes, although I never totally got the hang of any of the cheeses that require internal mold growth.

I've always liked Havarti, Colby, and my beloved monster cheese and monkey jack (Muenster and Monterey Jack, for you folks without a sense of humor) are household staples. Smoked Gouda is one of the most excellent flavors I have found, a cheese that feels meaty ... almost heaven, that.

I tend not to like overly sharp cheeses ... some of them have that "dry old sweat sock" aura that I just don't find pleasant.

Quite a few of the local supermarkets have added upscale cheese areas, so I'm enjoying playing around with some different tastes.

Right now, though, I am grooving on some plain old Mozzarella Cheese Sticks, purchased solely because they have Simpsons Characters and Trivia on the labels.

I am not a cheese snob.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote