View Single Post
Old 11-03-2004, 07:04 PM   #5
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Well don't get too comfy, friend, because on post-election day one we have...TADAAAA!

Surprise number one!

And if you think that it was a coincidence that this anouncement happened after the election was safely over, then Wolf would be glad to find accomodations for you.

As for suprise number ...something..., remember how Bush 41 had to reluctantly go back on his "no new taxes" promise. How long before Bush 43 has to go back on the "no draft" promise?

The incredibly short time period between end of election and the first surprise gives me an eerie impression of a stack of similar bad news sitting on a desk in the oval office waiting to be parceled out each week.

Of course, with Republicans safely controlling both houses of Congress, it's going to be hard to blame "the liberals in Congress". But I'm sure Mr. Rove will give it the old college try.

Quote:
But you tell me over, and over, and over, and over again my friend
You don't believe we're on the eve of destruction
No, no, you don't believe we're on the eve of destruction
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote