View Single Post
Old 04-08-2002, 08:04 PM   #6
node
Pithy Euphemist

Quote:
Originally posted by jaguar
Yea, been to plenty, but small house-based ones not bi g pay-for ones except for a couple of counterstirke clan wars (with serious prizes)
Small ones are good because its safe to open up your comptuer so you can all leach stuff off each other =D
In the UK that happens at most LAN Parties anyway. Smaller ones at someones house are the best though, agreed. You get to know everyone and they're more relaxed. At big ones you know one or two people there but apart from that you might as well be playing online against strangers, not to mention staying in a room with smelly people, nothing but the floor to sleep on and no fridge to keep beer in!

The LAn Party in the photo was Insomnia 7 (i7). Been to the third and it sucked, I can't imagine a larger one being any better, quite the opposite. Power outages, surly staff, no file sharing allowed whatsoever, not much sleeping space, way too expensive (70 pounds is a joke, I pay 20 tops for much better LAN parties) I might as well have just stayed at home.

Last edited by node; 04-08-2002 at 08:08 PM.
node is offline   Reply With Quote