View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 12:25 PM   #37
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
Yeah, but how do you intend to get there ...

Breaking the law to exercise your civic responsibility.

tsk tsk.
Well, I think we're talking technicalities, here. I AM a legally licensed driver in Colorado's DMV big brother computer banks. Anyhow, whether I got there legally or not, I did go down and vote. They were being very easy going about ID - the woman in front of me used her Sam's Club card plus her business card. However, because I'd sent in my change of address at the last minute, I didn't show up on the loal precinct voter registration list. They told me the Clerk and Recorder's office had been swamped, and was behind updating the voter's registration lists! They didn't stop me from voting, however. They gave me a provisional, PAPER ballot which I filled out and gave back to them and I guess my vote will be certified. The cool thing is that I got my very own vote tracking number and a phone number that I can call to find out if my vote got counted or not. I taped the numbers to my computer screen so I won't loose them, and you can be sure I'll be checking, especially if the Colorado election is tight.

I also voted "yes" on the state's proposed amendment to split electoral college votes by percentages given each candidate. It's a great first step toward electoral college reform, and I hope that it passes in Colorado and other states pick up on the idea, as well.