View Single Post
Old 10-17-2004, 04:08 PM   #14
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC
So.......is the prejudice against redheads just an English thang? Being a redheaded child is up there with eczema, acne and smelling of wee when it comes to bullying in an English school

In fact I had a friend a few years ago who was ....well racist, not to put too fine a point on it. He used to say "I'd shag a black bird before I'd shag a ginger " .....since he was living on and off with a half Jamaican lass at the time, I took him at his word.

I think red can look amazing, depending on the shade. Full on ginger though looks better on a woman :P
I suspect it is more English than American. I remember a red haired girl in my first or second grade class who got a lot of bullying, but it was on account of the fact that she was the tallest child in the class, not so much her red hair. She probably got the last laugh on us all and grew up to be a gorgeous red head with legs that wouldn't stop and men fainting in her path. Here in the States, I'd say that red heads are considered pretty sexy and intriguing.