View Single Post
Old 05-06-2001, 07:12 AM   #14
Violine
Cat O'Nine Tails

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Shepps
Ruth, I understand *completely*. I mean completely completely. The only reason you made the story was because your timing was ultra-ironic. The business died in part because nobody wanted to pay much for sites, and even after it was gone, even acquaintances didn't want to pay for sites. You didn't know!

Well, news on this front, too. The duo will be a quartet starting in Aug 2001. We just got word last night that we'd been accepted as a graduate quartet in residence at the University of Oklahoma (Norman, OK) and, in conjnction, artists in residence at Oklahoma Baptist University (Shawnee, OK). The personnel will change too, as Rich dallied too long before deciding that he wanted to go to OK (because we got a similar offer from San Diego State, but without the massive funding and support that OU has) and another violist has committed. But, I included web site design and housing in our negotiations and apparently the university will meet those 'demands'. It's good for their recruitment :-) The only drawback is that it will have an <i>ou.edu</i> address and it won't be totally ours...

As for a website, I am going to modify my requirements to include pages for other ensembles that I am involved with, as I will be touring Germany this summer with a classical guitarist; a relationship I hope will continue after the tour!

And, the music.... we're playing another major recital this afternoon and may have some better samples. BTW, the cellist who is playing with us this afternoon will be joining me at OU, along with a Houston based violinist.

Ruth