View Single Post
Old 10-10-2004, 09:18 PM   #24
jane_says
Colonist Extraordinaire

On further reflection, this now seems like something I shouldn't have brought up even on anonymous message board. Even so, here we are.

Wolf, for me the methadone was my favorite. Even before I had my own script I would do it if I could get it. It wasn't less fun to me - it was more fun. It felt more like smack than anything else, and it kept me from getting sick for a day and a half. One of the main reasons I wanted to go on the methadone was that with my own script, it was certainly cheaper than the 300-400 mg. of pain pills I was taking.

I hear you about replacing one addiction with another. Methadone can be extremely dangerous. I know several people who have ODed on it, and several who have died. But for many people, it has been a lifesaver. It is possible to start taking it and never stop. I was scared of that happening to me. I knew if I wanted to take it indefinitely, there was no reason why I couldn't. That's what prompted me to wean myself off it. But I know that without it I'd not be where I am today.
jane_says is offline   Reply With Quote