View Single Post
Old 09-28-2004, 08:05 PM   #53
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jane_says
Of course you can post anywhere you like. All I'm saying is you seem to make it a point to disagree with everyone here as often as you can. Maybe take up crocheting or something. Most of us find posting here, and the relationships we've formed with fellow posters, relaxing and fun. I can't imagine constant disagreement would be fulfilling or fun, and certainly not recreational.
Now now...not all of Garnet's posts are contrary. There's some where the posts have been downright congenial and agreeable.
Quote:
You're the one who's being insulting now. I didn't ask a stupid question, and I'm sorry that you narrowly viewed it that way. I just wondered if every noise would be as offensive to you as a child.
It's possible that some people find a barking dog less annoying than a child. On a personal note, I simply abhor the sound of a crying baby or small child. It grates on my nerves. I'd rather have a barking dog near me than a screaming baby. If a child decides to throw a tantrum near me, there's little I can do about it. But that doesn't put me under any obligation to like or tolerate it. Sure, it's not my kid and it's none of my business how the parent disciplines. All I want is for the kid to stop crying and screaming. Soothe the kid, give him caramel to stick his teeth together, stuff his mouth with cotton...just get him quiet.
Quote:
If you're not allowing "poorly behaved children" to ruin your social life, what's your beef? And yes, if they bother you, and you're to avoid being bothered, staying home is your only option. On the other hand, if they don't bother you, you're yapping about something that doesn't affect you.
Staying home is hardly the only option. There's plenty of places people go where they just don't bring screaming babies. The trick is to find and frequent those places. And in other places, there's a noise policy and you can have the offending child and parent removed. Granted, some places are just more likely to have Kid Issues and there's little one can do about it.
Quote:
Though we're talking about someone else's kids, it sounds to me like this child is certainly not being exposed to anything "scary". Oh no! Family members have said bad words! Ooooh! Call Social Services, because certainly children cannot be exposed to naughty language, or their little ears will fall off and they'll become sociopaths. Tension! Egads, call a psychiatrist. Anger!! On my! Normal people never get angry.
I had a pretty clean and normal upbringing, so of course I grew up to be a little angel! ...oh, I mean...

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote