View Single Post
Old 09-24-2004, 10:11 AM   #16
Kitsune
still eats dirt

I've had some of that sort of thing with anxiety illness. Sufferers call it "depersonalization". Anxiety can cause every single symptom you can think of...

Same here, UT. For about a year and a half, I suffered some fun anxiety problems thanks to stress at work. The depersonalization can actually take on the form of temporary "mini-Cotard's" and you can feel completely detached from your world. What I experienced was mild, but I had no idea that stress could do such things! Its almost like you're floating through your world and aren't fully in control or like you're watching what you see through a television and your feeling that "you are inside yourself" feels shifted, like someone has miscalibrated your internal compass.

Fun stuff.

If you've had it for awhile, UT, and still do make sure you go see someone about it. I had a heck of a time shaking it but was determined to do it without medication and was able to get through it after many nights of thought, introspection, and forced relaxation. I still have a fairly stressful job, but learning to cope was a massive help.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote