View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 11:34 AM   #37
garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble
First of all, ferrets are the most disgusting, foul, SMELLY pets you can ever have.
I've been around a few ferrets, and I've found they are less "smelly" than cats and dogs. They definitely do have a different scent than other animals--some people can deal with it, some people can't. It never bothered me, as long as cages were kept clean and baths were regularly given. If you've come into a contact with a ferret who hasn't has his scent glands removed, that's a different story. Any ferret you get from a pet store will already be spayed or neutered and descented. They're not for everybody, but I think they're very cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble
When I was a child, my best friend had a perpetual pet hamster. Every six months or so, it would die or escape the cage somehow, and her parents would buy her a new one. One day at her house I saw a hamster crawling under the bed, and we caught it. But her current hamster was still in its cage. By the markings we could tell that this one was Muffy--an escapee from about a year and a half earlier. It had lived in the house somehow that whole time.
I think those parents were being pretty irresponsible buying that child one hamster after another. Animals aren't toys to be discarded or abused on a whim. How sad.
garnet is offline   Reply With Quote