View Single Post
Old 07-23-2004, 02:10 PM   #10
jane_says
Colonist Extraordinaire

You know, I thought of that too. I imagined that old Eddie Murphy skit on SNL where he has makeup applied to appear white and goes about his business as a white man, finding that when blacks leave any given area, like the subway, a party starts immediately. He's given bank loans without credit hsitory or referneces, etc. "Shh! Don't tell anyone who's not lily-white, but I'm going to impart some secret information to you about our safety situation. Those dirty old darkies over there aren't being as outgoing and friendly and we'd like. They're acting weird and not speaking English. So just for you, because we're in a Special Club, here's some information that might ease your troubled little mind."

Then I imagined those fourteen guys standing around with their instruments before they got on board, saying, "You know what would be funny, guys? Why don't we walk around a lot on the plane. Back and forth to the shitter, right? I'll carry this Mickey Dees' bag around, and then you poke around in your carry on a couple of times. For a grand finale, Ali, you flip through the prayer book a coupla times and try to look pious."
jane_says is offline   Reply With Quote