View Single Post
Old 04-25-2001, 01:20 PM   #3
wst3
Simulated Simulacrum

Quote:
Originally posted by Dagnabit
I keep thinking about this. There are companies that you like, and companies that you dislike. How far do yo go out of your way to do business with a company that you like?

Whaddya think?
hmmm... actually I do think about this from time to time, I believe strongly in voting with my wallet, though I'm not sure how really effective it is - nonetheless, it makes me feel better.

I won't buy gas from Exxon, though at this point it is moot since they merged with Mobil. It wasn't so much the accident as the arrogance afterwards that bothered me... not that the accident was a good thing.

I won't buy anything from a large national chain that I can buy from a locally owned shop. I want the local stores to survive, mostly because they generally have better customer service.

I won't do business with Staples, Guitar Center, Mars Music, or Wal-Mart because they make absolutely no effort to pay attention to their customers, at least in the stores I've visited. I sometimes wonder how they stay in business.

I like Fresh Fields a lot, but I also like Thriftway, decent products, better than average customer services, and fair prices, and they keep the store pretty darned clean (one place where Fresh Fields could improve!)

I like Volkswagon as a company because they seem to get it, they want my business, but at the same time they don't take themselves too seriously... which in the past has certainly hurt them.

I could probably come up with other examples...
wst3 is offline   Reply With Quote