View Single Post
Old 07-08-2004, 08:08 AM   #7
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
It wouldn't be QUITE so absurd if the man who beat his son to death had actually been a slave who grew up under the whip of a plantation owner and had endured the hell on earth that was the life of a typical slave at the time. Plenty of people who were abused while growing up have shown to do the same to others, whatever that abuse may have been. But this post traumatic slave symdrone business is, at the LEAST, approx. 110 years too late. And as a black person, I'm bloody sick and tired of my race being used as an excuse for horrible acts and deplorable behavior.

And who knows what ridiculousness might come of this if the jury actually falls for it. I can see it now...a white guy will beat his son to death and claim the same, because his great great grandmother was black and was a slave. He couldn't help it, it was in his blood! Feh.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote