View Single Post
Old 06-15-2004, 07:41 PM   #76
Chewbaccus
Freethinker/booter

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
The GameStop up the street from my house seems pretty decent...the few times I've went up there, I haven't been hassled.
*shakes fist at stingy HR managers

To answer an all-too-regretfully negected question, I'm down on Sony because they don't impress me. Any game that Sony fields I'm either not interested in, or can find on GameCube or Xbox. The graphics, I feel, pale when set alongside GC/Xb, though I respect what THQ can do when they put out a WWE title. Audio, Clod has covered already. Overall, I've just never been drawn to the system.

And vsp's right, I got cornered last time I was at GS with their value card/GameInformer subscription deal. I'm at a weakness when I go in there - the cashier is this guy me and my friend on our site both know, and my friend continually drops E3 into every other sentence of conversations with him. I took the GI deal more out of penance than value, though value was present too.

It's so sad, I try to hide my connections whenever I talk to him, just to make him feel better.

(Guy picks up my copy of Rebel Strike to ring it up)
Guy: This is an awesome game.
Me: Yeah, I tried it out last year when I was in (bite tongue)...my friend's house.

(Guy shows off copy of GI with San Andreas as the cover story)
Guy: You know that they're making San Andreas a state, not a city?
Me: Yeah, I read that 'bout a week or so ago.
Guy: ...This issue just came out.
Me: ...Internet article.