View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 08:29 PM   #34
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
My depression is really hammering me right now. Everything is overwhelming, even the tiniest things and I'm really a very capable person, so seeing that is depressing in itself. I'm making myself do them anyway, but it's not making me feel any better, more accomplished or more capable. And I'm barely touching the surface compared to what needs to be done. Still pressing on though. Just needed to say it to confirm it to myself.

Having battled with clinical depression for decades, I can relate. Barely touching the surface of what needs to be done is a popular refrain when I'm in it.

It's so fucking realistic, depression, it feels like it's always been dark, will always be dark, and that light never existed. Saying it will pass or it's just a storm in your brain may help, but it feels more like fake it 'til you make it. The realism of the depth precludes any chance at believing it will get better, but it actually will get better. Remember that.

It's like an existential flu - hunker down until it passes.