View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 09:58 AM   #2214
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Tw:

You seem to be under some misapprehension that I am arguing Boris did a good job and acted swiftly.

He acted too slowly - he absolutely did not recognise the scale of the impending problem in time to head off the outbreak before it had a chance to gain a foothold, and there were some major errors in judgement along the way.

My contention is that it is wholly inaccurate to suggest he did not recognise it as a pandemic until he was very sick, and a barefaced lie to say he did not take it seriously until he ended up in ICU.

And once he and his government recognised the dangers, a massive package of measures was put in place - BEFORE Boris got sick. Some of them before he could possibly have been experiencing symptoms.

Was it enough? No
Was he foolish early on in treating it like a particularly serious strain of seasonal flu? yes

Had he already started to take it seriously and change tactics before he himself became ill? I believe he had, yes.

Boris and his government have got a lot of stuff wrong - and the cost for that is measured in loss of life.

They also got some stuff right - and that needs recognising alongside the criticisms for what went wrong.

But, I can't really expect an extremist like you, so hemmed in and blinded by your emotional responses, to understand something like that.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote