View Single Post
Old 05-03-2020, 06:36 PM   #649
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
They were slow off the mark, and there have been some almighty fuck ups around sourcing adequate PPE
Threat was well understood in January. But at highest levels of government - Johnson - the denial was rabid. He ignored five Cobra meetings - five weeks of preparation in January and February. He even kept shaking hands. Insisting this was only another flu.

Unknown is if he even used the word hoax like Trump did.

British passengers on the Diamond Princess, by this time, made it obvious how serious this threat. And still he did nothing until mid March. And only paid any serious attention about the time he got sick.

He also denies science on global warming. And even lied about Brexit. The only reason he is PM, Corbyn is like Bernie Sanders - just as bad - is not talented at the art of lying.

When you say they were slow off the mark, it was not science and adults. They were accurately throwing out warnings with numbers in January. But like Trump, his emotions (not logical thought) resulted in obstructions.

Once he was sick and was no longer in the decision seat, then things were fully permitted to solve this pandemic problem.

Meanwhile in nations run by leaders who make decisions from facts (ie Germany), preparations were in place in time. Merkel listened to facts - and not to emotions and political rhetoric.

Notice when the threat was understood - January. Notice when I bought my face masks. January. Problem was so many people before me already saw it coming. Masks were hard to find in the beginning of January. Due to so many who accurately saw the threat.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote