View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 05:59 PM   #412
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

I can start with the title saying how easy it is to not get infected. If it were that easy, few would be getting infected. My experience as an instructor-evaluator with ol' one eye says that even with knowledgeable people it's not so easy. This doctor seems to be trying to convince himself (and others) that it is; so, he doesn't have to fret about it...a self prescribed placebo. He said he used to be afraid; but, now he's not. Only dead people have no fear.

He thanks people for donating medical masks; but, says it's not yet enough and downplays their intrinsic value to others while emphasizing the tangent value of non-medical masks. Conflict of interest.

He mentioned distancing by 2-3 feet when others are on the 6 foot distancing sheet of music. He's mixing healthcare worker compromises with recommended practices for non-healthcare people.

The gist of it is, teaching standards can fall by the wayside when subject matter experts go rogue. I believe this to be the case here.

As a senior instructor, I've been a course quality control NCO. I used to formally evaluate instructors by watching their presentations (in person or via classroom cameras and a monitor in my office). The assessment is standardized and I've evaluated presenters from EMTs to orthopedic surgeons. I have a practiced eye and recognize that even the best of intentions can yield questionable results if not presented properly. That's where I'm coming from.

Last edited by sexobon; 03-29-2020 at 07:09 PM. Reason: autocorrect can bite me
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote