Thread: The Quest
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 11:39 PM   #399
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

quick update

I have had my UI claim approved. Been paid. Yes, there's a waiting week at the outset. I .... "did" my waiting week and then did it again when I restarted my claim, what a stupid option on the website. don't care at this point.

I've completed yet another week's worth of applications, it's ... it's tiring. Each posting seems to come with it's own site/login/application/webapp/requirements, not to mention their own questions. Some of which are required, some not. For the record, I have gone to High School. I did graduate. I don't know or care what my GPA was in high school. Thank goodness that particular one was not "required". And references. I had one app be considered incomplete and not submittable until at least two of my references answered the system-generated email to complete the questionnaire about me. That was stressful since I found the posting only five hours before the deadline. Yes, I did wake people up asking for them to RUN TO YOUR COMPUTER AND OPEN YOUR EMAIL AND CLICK ON THE LINK AND COMPLETE THE QUESTIONNAIRE. mighta burned a bridge there.....

And I have an interview scheduled for next week. The person who called me did schedule it and send me an email with the details and also included five more documents for me to complete by Monday and requested three references. I'll deal with that one in the morning.

My list of sites that I have login credentials for is growing, .... maybe twenty or so now. Some are direct hire specific, like one of the local school districts. Some are "just" job sites, like Monster.com or LinkedIn.com, mentioned elsewhere. I'm a fan, since they can help me for modest input on my part. And even better let me have the chance to submit an application with some saved credentials/materials. Unlike say, the local school district. They're really only going to have one job I want. No economies of scale for my form filling inputs.

and the lady who called me for an phone interview did follow up with me via email asking wtf, wanna try again. I replied within a couple hours yes, definitely, let's do it... .then MORE CRICKETS. I think maybe * I * am on her spam list. I can hear from her... she may not be getting my messages. Oh well.

Alrighty... good night, see you all tomorrow.