View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 09:37 PM   #1691
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
Been working on concealing the supply and drain pipes from the washing machine relocation.

Now I'm pondering putting shelves into the columns. Either the inside or face.....
Or maybe just trim it out with molding and make the shelves inside the boxed in columns afterwards. I'm going to mount a row of coat hooks on the wall and put a bench between the low boxes with shoe cubbies or drawers or under it. There will be a sophet across the top, and shelves hung from that. The ceiling is 9'. The sophet will be 12", so maybe 18" below the bottom will look good and be useful.
Maybe you could put hooks or clips for wet accessories -hats, gloves, umbrellas...... on the columns? And other entry/exit sundries.....I dunno how much snow you get there, but in winter it's a pain in the ass finding somewhere to dry those things without taking up coat hooks, and we always find it useful to have supplies of towels near the door for both floor mopping and person mopping. Yes, we need a mudroom.

Little shelves in the columns sounds helpful too, perhaps to hold small baskets for the sundries that always end up by the door if not kept in check...... Sunblock in summer. maybe bug spray... Pepper Spray for the JW.....