View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 08:58 PM   #12259
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
The frustration and/or confusion will be logical, since he is not racist. As much as they would protest, the person calling him racist when he is not is the one who is illogical.
Oh for sure--their behavior is totally illogical, as is most of human behavior. I fucking hate it. But you have to interact with humans to get things done in life.

When my kids are being illogical about what shoes they're going to wear, I can sit them down and have a 20-minute discussion about it--after which they will not have changed their minds one bit--or I can present them with an equally illogical false choice that gets us out the damn door. You have to learn the game, even if the game is stupid, or you won't get anywhere. The game, in this case, is a very simple, if no less stupid, one. 1.) You say "eskimo," you get called racist. 2.) Being labelled as racist stands in the way of many things in life, no matter how true it is or isn't. 3.) Therefore, don't say the word. Or do, and suffer the consequences. But don't act like you didn't know what the consequences were.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote