View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 09:41 AM   #2099
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers View Post
Unfortunately, it would be difficult, if not impossible, to give a dog the required exercise as there is a limit to how long I can leave Dad on his own.
Boing Boing - excuse level weak
Quote:
My worry would be that he'd have a fall or get himself into some other sort of trouble while I was out with Fido.
What kind of trouble that couldn't wait 20 minutes till you get back, and if by some strange reason he did that, he'd sure as hell learn to not pull that shit until you got back. Respect is a two way street.
Quote:
It's for that reason that I make an early start to the weekly grocery shop. If I leave the house at about 0730 I can be back about 0930.
Two hours? Your old ass couldn't keep up with a pup for two hours, it doesn't take that long to give them a good workout. You could also sit on the back step and throw a ball for 10 minutes without disrupting the household routine, and still make a pup want to rest.
Quote:
The wedge of newspapers that he has usually keeps him occupied for the couple of hours I'm out, but once he has finished those all bets are off!
See respect above.

Name:  puppy.jpg
Views: 968
Size:  16.5 KB

I will admit there is a danger of Dad usurping ownership and telling you to get your own dog.
C'mon Man, you're overthinking this, lead with your heart.