View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 10:42 AM   #724
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

To do the channel binding, you have to start by using the cnc to cut the fret board area 1/4" deep into the neck blank, cut the truss rod trench, then install the truss rod and a slotted fret board. All before Radiusing the surface. I think. Then cut and shape the neck, install frets.

What I'd really like is to do the entire neck over at Pete's with the cnc. That way i can get the exact radius and neck profile I want. The close ups of the neck above are from the guitar that got stolen and recovered. The Imperium, shown in that article I linked a while back. I've played it, and the neck is great.

He just made some kind of breakthrough on the wiring for his upcoming line of guitars. 10 position switch, 5 single coil, 5 buckers... zero hum. I stopped over there yesterday to hear it. Really impressive. I wonder if I could coax a wiring rig out of him for this one. It's just hard to get and hold his attention for more than 10 minutes in a row. As with many genius types, he's a walking pile of ADD.

Last edited by lumberjim; 05-04-2019 at 10:51 AM.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote