Thread: Bitcoin
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 04:32 PM   #66
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

I've got the time and the interest in these cryptos so now's a great time to learn about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
If anyone is interested here's a good article on cryptocurrencies.
"While there is not a lot of good data, actual users of decentralized applications seem to fall into two categories:

*People who are off the grid: that is, in countries where access to competently operated traditional services is limited (for any number of reasons) but where internet is not
*People who want to be off the grid: that is, people who don’t want their transactions censored or known"

Good information there, Bruce. I'd like to add a category to the above quote.

*those that move around so frequently and or have no predetermined duration at a given specific location that keeping traditional financial data is tedious. Specifically, a physical address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Do you want to invest in bitcoin? Or buy bitcoins? A major difference that even changes how that question can be answered.
Great questions. True.

I'd like to use them on a small scale as a savings account. There aren't a large number of businesses that accept cryptos at the moment for a few very logical reasons. Large price fluctuations.

There was a great deal of interest a few years ago with the cryptos, prices climbing for a wide range of coins. Until so many people that didn't understand the technology lost so much money to hackers.

I don't expect to be mining. Or day trading. My goal is to understand the ups and downs of cryptos in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
The electric consumption seems to be in the mining. From the green perspective I can see the objection to mining cryptos.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are a conventional person living a conventional life, you are most likely not terribly excited about cryptocurrency.

Not all unconventional people and living is criminal. So, this is of great interest to me.

But as yet not understood. There's not enough money in my life budget to lose large amounts so I'll get in cautiously. With small amounts.

I did find a company that deals with the security and storage of cryptos. Not so much in the trading but just keeping what you have mostly safe from hackers and how should I say...ENORMOUS GOVERNMENTS in decline. Not failure, but decline. Mostly caused by corruption, but that's all my opinion.

Link

They have a rather interesting procedure to store and retrieve currencies that I've not seen before.

Just because I've not seen alternatives doesn't mean there isn't equivalent services in the market.

It's an interesting site and service. If you happen to be sorta like me.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote