View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 01:12 PM   #810
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Oh, I've got it! It was sitting in the foam pocket on the pallet but then there was a wood and cardboard crate/box over it.
So straps through the pallet to get it off the truck then take the box off and lift it out of the base.
No no--you're still thinking about this logically, like someone who knew what they were doing. The table saw was wrapped in styrofoam, on top of a wooden pallet. The store used a forklift (presumably) to load the pallet onto the back of his regular-person pickup truck. He drove home. He backed the truck up to the open garage door, and shoved the pallet up to the edge of the truck's open tailgate. But we don't own a forklift, so he rolled a workbench up to the edge of the tailgate, since they were approximately the same height, and then he and the neighbor hefted the saw off the pallet and laterally onto the table with their manly arms. Then the neighbor fled, because it was way heavier than they thought and he nearly bust a hernia just sliding it over a few feet.

Now it was stuck on the table, and Mr. Clod was alone. So he rolled the workbench back a few feet until it was under the ceiling racks, used the ratchet straps to lift the saw a few inches, then slid the workbench out from underneath it. About this time--with the several-hundred-pound piece of machinery dangling sideways from the ceiling--he began to realize how incredibly insane this whole plan was, but it was far too late to reverse course. So he moved the pallet and the styrofoam underneath the hanging table saw to raise the "floor" as many inches as he could. Then he began an even more insane process of tightening, loosening, and adding straps to rotate the fucking thing 90 degrees so that it was now upright, then continued lowering it down onto the floor.

At some point during the rotation process, a rolling office chair was used to support one bottom corner while a strap was moved from a side-supporting to a top-supporting position. I'm not even kidding. I really and truly thought I was going to have to call 911 because he'd crushed a limb.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote