Thread: voting
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 10:29 AM   #119
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

"Yeah, this is why I've evolved into more of a pragmatist. To become such an individualist that you oppose government assisting in the liberation of others makes no sense to me. Government exists, if you want good governance you have to engage with it. Libertarianism has become a way to convince people not to engage with their government assuring government which does not represent their interests."

...equals...

Yeah, this is why I've evolved into a slave. To be a free man and oppose being turned into a resource for others makes me scared. Governors exist. And, since we all want to be on the governors' good side we should do as told. Libertarianism is 'bad' because it reminds people the governors are employees and governors don't like that. Libertarianism is 'wrong' because it highlghts the natural tension between those who govern and those governed, a tension governors very much want to eliminate so as to better 'govern' (rule).

...equals...

I've accepted my lot, which is to be bent over. Libertarians, with all their shennanigans, endanger my lube supply.

Last edited by henry quirk; 01-05-2019 at 10:59 AM.
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote