View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 02:05 PM   #54
glatt

1. Let's assume that you won't die from being in space with no suit, everything else is normal. If ya fart really hard, will ya go tootling through space (figuratively)? Could ya move from the propelling force of a fart in the vacuum of space? What if ya drink like six Bud Lights and then pee, in space?
Absolutely. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. I imagine it would be difficult to control your course, but there would be movement.

2. Y'know when ya open that bottle of Bud Light/Caffeine Free Pepsi there's the little cloud of, what I assume to be, carbon dioxide in the neck of the bottle? I don't drink that cloud, I put a gentle puff of breath into the bottle to blow that little cloud away. Which has more co2, the little cloud, or the puff of used air that blows it out of the bottle?

I'm going to say it's the little cloud. Your breath (if you haven't been holding your breath and letting it build up) doesn't have very much carbon dioxide in it. Otherwise CPR wouldn't work.

3. You're in weightless space, and you're messing around with a blob of water floating in front of you. Is it surface tension that holds the blob together? If there was a pressure sensor inside the blob of water would it register anything?

Good question. I don't know. I would guess that if it was sensitive enough, it would sense pressure, because of both the surface tension and minute amount of gravity within the blob of water, pulling it together.

4. If the blob of water (^above^) was big enough, could you swim in it in space? Or would ya just be moving water around?

This is the squirrel and hunter question in disguise.

5. Where was it the last time you saw it?

If I remembered that, I would know where it is.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote