View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 11:11 AM   #7
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Moles are the bane of my life. I must have tried every gadget and bait out there. Turns out, there are only two ways to kill a mole - with a properly placed pincer trap (I never got the hang of that) or a shotgun (works really well, but timing is everything).

Short of mole annihilation, the next best thing is a strong deterrent, but the commercially available products are ridiculously expensive. I went online to find recipes so I could mix my own, and the 2-to-1 mix of . . .

Oops, I just realized it wasn't bone meal but blood meal mixed with cayenne. I suppose the two have fairly similar results where moles are concerned.

Anyway, give it a try. Just put a few spoonsful in the dirt mounds and in the raised tunnels, and close the holes back up. The moles hate the smell of the blood meal and the cayenne burns their wee little mouths when they lick it off their fur/feet.

Of course, you do have to reapply it once a month or so, just to keep them gone, but it's a fairly cheap and easy way to keep the little fuckers at bay.
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote