The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   dog's perspective (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=8394)

Be Less Bored 05-20-2005 05:42 AM

dog's perspective

If my dog disembowels a racoon there'll be a bloody mess out back and one less day of dogfood to buy.

If kill a racoon even without disembowlment I could be fined or jailed.

If my dog scratches up a stray cat, chews off its head, and scatters the pieces around the house outside oh well.

If I get caught having killed a stray cat... yup more fines and jail time.

So animals only have protection under the law when I kill them? What sense does this make? None! Especially since they have no rights.

In A country that sanctions murdering our own children why is it illegal to kill mere non-livestock animals??

:headshake

Catwoman 05-20-2005 07:45 AM

I don't like you very much. Cat's perspective.

jaguar 05-20-2005 07:58 AM

You can be held responsible for the actions of your animals and it is assumed in law you are responsible for your actions whereas animals are not.

Happy Monkey 05-20-2005 08:24 AM

It's not as cut and dry as BLB makes out:

1) In many areas it is legal to kill raccoons.
2) In many cases, a dog that makes a habit of killing other animals will be put down. No fines or jail time for him!
3) You can't fine a dog.

Though it is interesting to see someone whine "how come my dog can kill a cat, but I can't!". Why don't you take a bit of pleasure in some of the things you can do that a dog can't? It's a much larger list, and it may help alleviate the resentment you seem to have against animals.

lumberjim 05-20-2005 08:41 AM

if you want to be jealous of your dog, watch him lick his own nuts for 20 or 30 minutes.

SmurfAbuser 05-20-2005 08:54 AM

Why are you so obsessed with killing animals?

You've started three of four threads about why killing animals is so cool. Scary shit, since most people who enjoy this sort of thing usually move on to people.

Don't you have better things to do? Maybe you could go beat up your little brother or do your homework? Just a thought.

cowhead 05-20-2005 01:36 PM

yeah, why are you obsessed about this? I mean if it's just to ruffle the proverbial feathers.. fine and dandy. the thing is animals are animals (not saying we're not) but humans have the whole frontal lobe thing going on, and can make more informed choices about what behaviors are 'acceptable'. on a side note there was a guy here in town who with some friends tortured (no, really.. it took this cat about 3 hours to die.. and after what they had done to it.. it was a bad ass cat) so as it stands there are a number of people I know waiting for this guy to get out of jail, they have a little suprise party planned for him. no, I'm not saying that that's 'right' but! for me atleast I have an instinct to stick up for things that can't protect themselves (which would explain my horrible dating habits :) )and need a little watching out for.

if a dog kills a cat, it's instinct, if a human kills a cat it's sick. (barring obvious medical/wound conditions)

cowhead 05-20-2005 01:38 PM

oh wait.. I missed that last line..

"In A country that sanctions murdering our own children why is it illegal to kill mere non-livestock animals??"

that's it...we are not only on different pages, but wholly different books.

glatt 05-20-2005 01:51 PM

I'm amazed that people are responding to Be Less Bored as if he were a normal poster. He's not. He is a troll. His webpage is full of "trophy" quotes from other forums where he has trolled and gotten reactions out of people. He has nothing of value to contribute. Ignore him, and with any luck, he will Be More Bored and go away.

lookout123 05-20-2005 01:54 PM

i hadn't even visited his webpage. ah screw him.

lumberjim 05-20-2005 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt
He is a troll.

not only that, but i'm pretty sure his cock is assprone.

Happy Monkey 05-20-2005 04:34 PM

his what?

Clodfobble 05-20-2005 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim
his cock is assprone

Nah, vice versa.

Beestie 05-20-2005 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt
His webpage is full of "trophy" quotes from other forums

That and stolen fark photoshop pics that he passes off as his own.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim
his cock is assprone

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble
Nah, vice versa.

:lol: :lol2: :lol:

Griff 05-21-2005 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmurfAbuser
You've started three of four threads about why killing animals is so cool. Scary shit, since most people who enjoy this sort of thing usually move on to people.

Ok, this just isn't true. It is however a common misconception that our little troll is using to get a rise out of people. Glatt has the proper approach.