The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Annoying traits (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=6914)

lumberjim 10-02-2004 10:13 PM

Annoying traits

I'm a low talker.

I'm also a flourisher.

ok. your turn.

marichiko 10-02-2004 10:19 PM

My voice is so soft, people can hardly hear me when I speak.
No matter what happens to me, I survive.
I won't shut up and I won't go away.
I'm originally a Kentucky hillbilly and it shows. :p

Elspode 10-02-2004 10:35 PM

Rude sense of humor.

Overly generous to people about whom I should care less, a bit tight-assed with people about whom I genuinely care.

Not very assertive.

Undertoad 10-03-2004 08:50 AM

In a crowded room, I can make myself and others deeply uncomfortable with my social inability, to the point where I'm left standing in a corner by myself, eating all the hors d'ouvres and waiting for the event to end.

wolf 10-03-2004 10:08 AM

I think you're past that.

I saw you working the room before you realized I was there.

jinx 10-03-2004 10:11 AM

I don't hear very well and am constantly asking "what?" "eh?" "huh?" and blowing the speakers in my jeep.
I use sarcasm, subtlety and foul language in excess.
I don't answer the phone.

Trilby 10-03-2004 10:14 AM

I'm sarcastic.

I point out the obvious.

I have been known to "needle" people into giving out personal information.
All of the above may be due to occupational training.

Griff 10-03-2004 10:58 AM

Sanctimony thy name is Griff.
I also have an over-active imagination which often leaves me reading too much into some things while ignoring what is obvious to everyone else.

Elspode 10-03-2004 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx
I don't hear very well and am constantly asking "what?" "eh?" "huh?" and blowing the speakers in my jeep.
I use sarcasm, subtlety and foul language in excess.
I don't answer the phone.

Is the speaker-blowing a cause or an effect?

Bullitt 10-03-2004 01:34 PM

I get bored if I'm not doing somthing that second and blame people around me for being boring.
I won't stop doing donuts in my church's parking lot.
I like playing with children's sponge-like minds.
I spend alot of my free time reading posts in this wierd place called the basement or something and ignoring my girlfriend's whining...

Roosta 10-03-2004 02:08 PM

I get ratty with people who aren't prepared for their next task. I can be the most impatient person ever. I can't stand stupid mistakes. oh, and I fart in polite company.

lookout123 10-03-2004 02:58 PM

being a natural introvert in a sales job, i use most of my "outgoing" energy with clients leaving little for my wife and son.
i have no ability to be friendly with those i deem unreasonable.

limey 10-03-2004 03:05 PM

You ask me about some of the sad and nerdish things I know about and I'll go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about them.
You ask me about other stuff and I'll go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about it.
I don't like being interrupted!

slang 10-03-2004 03:34 PM

I find it difficult to deal with people in a rational way in person. Am constantly fluctuating between being a real ass (40%), overly polite (40%) and about normal (20%)

I enjoy firing large caliber handguns from the window of my car but suppress the urge in all but the most remote locations. I also avoid this with a passenger because of the noise and the hot casings bouncing around the front seating area.

SteveDallas 10-03-2004 07:09 PM

I'm a congenital smartass. My sense of humor is very acerbic and sarcastic. Not everybody enjoys this.

The only thing that saves me is that my natural introversion prevents me from firing these off in EVERY situation.

I'd rather read or surf the net than talk to people, even people I like.