The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Parents who don't get it (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=4807)

Griff 01-16-2004 08:20 AM

Parents who don't get it

A 22-year-old Palestinian mother of two small children, pretending to be disabled, killed four Israelis at a Gaza border crossing yesterday after duping soldiers into allowing her a personal security check rather than going through a metal detector.

"God has given me two children. I love them [with] a kind of love that only God knows, but my love to meet God is stronger still."

Undertoad 01-16-2004 10:06 AM

This is also the first time that Hamas OKd a woman bomber, and everybody awaits the first children bombers.

So far the children have only been used sub-militarily as human shields, but they are all educated on the joys and methods of suicide bombing at schools painted with murals of suicide bombings and named after suicide bombers on streets named after suicide bombers.

plthijinx 01-16-2004 01:38 PM

sick. just plain sick.

warch 01-16-2004 01:53 PM

The rapture.

Riddil 01-16-2004 04:59 PM

Organized religion is such a fabulous thing. Praise Allah. Or the virgin Mary, whichever you prefer.

xoxoxoBruce 01-16-2004 05:08 PM

Why don't the people that organize and supply this activity, do it themselves. After all this woman didn't get the explosives at the 7-11 so someone is organizing.:(

Griff 01-16-2004 06:36 PM

On the up side the Arabs seem to be getting more inclusive.

elSicomoro 01-16-2004 08:43 PM

EOK (equal opportunity killer)

Arcturus 01-16-2004 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Riddil
Organized religion is such a fabulous thing. Praise Allah. Or the virgin Mary, whichever you prefer.
I'll get mad and post at you for saying that Catholics praise Mary. I'm screaming at you in my head. We don't.

Scopulus Argentarius 01-17-2004 12:04 AM

... a double-x killer....

elSicomoro 01-17-2004 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Arcturus
I'll get mad and post at you for saying that Catholics praise Mary. I'm screaming at you in my head. We don't.
They damned near do.*

*--recovering Catholic

wolf 01-17-2004 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Arcturus
So what's that whole Hail Mary thing about, then?

(* Also a recovering Cathaholic)

Skunks 01-17-2004 01:41 AM

Fun fact: The difference between "Allah" and "God" is essentially the same as between "God" and "der Gott". Same concept, different languages.

I was going to ramble on about how Muslim terrorists aren't really representative of the whole, but I'm not sure it's worthwhile. I mean, it's obvious that the KKK isn't made up of everyday Christians, right?

Arcturus 01-17-2004 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by wolf

So what's that whole Hail Mary thing about, then?

(* Also a recovering Cathaholic)

Honoring and praising are two different things.

Nothing in the Hail Mary suggests that we actually praise her.

elSicomoro 01-17-2004 02:35 PM

Let's look at some of the "facts":

--Mary was born without original sin (though this was declared by a Pope).
--Mary conceives a child without getting any.
--Mary is assumed into Heaven without any mention of death.
--Mary was crowned as the Queen of Heaven.

And what about all the various names for her?

--Our Lady of Sorrows
--Mary Queen of the Universe
--Our Lady of Guadalupe

etc. etc.

Catholicism can call it praise all they want. As I see it, it's hero worship...virtual deification.