The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Superbowl 2015 (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=30669)

Lamplighter 01-31-2015 01:29 PM

Superbowl 2015

... to get my measles shot

classicman 01-31-2015 01:47 PM

Who do you want to win?
I'm going with, as I always do, whoever is playing against Shady Brady & Belicheat.

lumberjim 01-31-2015 02:10 PM

I hope it's a tie

glatt 01-31-2015 03:07 PM

I'm used to watching the Superbowl, but I find myself just not caring at all this year. Plus, the NFL has been annoying me consistently this year.

Domestic abuse, racist team names, bad calls, bad rules, ridiculous fines, cheaters.

Fuck 'em.

I may just watch Downton Abby instead.

Griff 01-31-2015 03:17 PM

I was going to go to a Veteran fencers event (sword canes for first place) but snowmaggeddon is coming so I'll hunker down with hot wings and nachos. I don't think I can stomach watching the cheaters if they get a lead though. Maybe Netflix Sunday.

orthodoc 01-31-2015 03:26 PM

I'll cheer for Seattle and just watch the commercials if the Cheatriots take the lead.

BigV 01-31-2015 05:58 PM

I'm feeling a lot of love in the room, thanks guys!

Not you.

Lamplighter 02-01-2015 12:22 PM

For all you sports fans in the 1%...

Resale sites renege on tickets
ESPN NFL
Darren Rovell | ESPN.com- 1/30/2015
Quote:

Hundreds Lose Out On Super Bowl Tickets
PHOENIX -- Hundreds of fans won't be going to Super Bowl XLIX after
brokers and resale sites reneged on tickets that they already sold.
In most cases, those selling tickets never had them to begin with.

The practice, called short selling, has become common for big games over the years.
Brokers sell tickets and buy them cheaper closer to the event to make their profits.
But the idea of selling before having anything in hand became more commonplace
as the returns consistently came in for previous Super Bowls.

That was until this year, when too many brokers sold tickets they didn't have
and for lower prices than in previous years, making it impossible to get the real ticket
for a price that was affordable when it came time to pull the trigger.

By last Sunday, brokers were buying the worst seats for $5,000 just to save their company.
Five days later, finding a ticket even for $10,000 was a challenge.
<snip>
The re-sellers just need more wheelbarrows.

glatt 02-01-2015 03:58 PM

The NFL switched its selling practice of tickets for the Superbowl, making scalping pretty much impossible for most ticket buyers. You have to pick your tickets up at the box office inside a secure area with the credit card you used to buy the ticket. You get a pass to get inside the secure area.

It looks like they made scalping impossible.

glatt 02-02-2015 07:52 AM

So did anyone see it?

I watched the whole thing. Pretty much. (I left the room a few times to do things like pee and see if my passport had expired.)

It was entertaining. A good game. And while the halftime show music was bad, the the performance was very entertaining. I especially liked the dancing dolphins.

I'd have to say the overall experience was that of being entertained.

I was rooting for Seattle, and like most other people, I expected them to make that final touchdown and win the game. I was surprised, which entertained me.

What did you think?

Griff 02-02-2015 08:13 AM

Good game, unfortunate play calling at the end. I can see how they were thinking but my money would have been on Lynch.

The music was unfortunate. Air guitar by Lenny was awkward. The show looked strangely French. I didn't notice any commercials.

lumberjim 02-02-2015 08:32 AM

Glad I'm not a Seattle fan. That was brutal.

Griff 02-02-2015 08:40 AM

Yeah, Pete C put something special together out there but I wonder if anybody wants his head this morning? I've forgiven Steelers coaches for some pretty bone-head calls the last couple years so I guess they will give him a pass. I like the NBC booth btw except when Costas gets involved. Did he have some kind of medical event during halftime?

glatt 02-02-2015 08:51 AM

Chris Collinsworth is fantastic in the booth. I love him. The other guy is good too, and I suspect Collinsworth wouldn't be nearly as good without him there.

Costas is just in the way.

Griff 02-02-2015 08:57 AM

Al Michaels. He was interviewed somewhere talking about his childhood. He grew up walking distance from Ebbetts Field when the Dodgers were in Brooklyn. He is really a smart passionate sports guy. Collinsworth is probably the best former player ever in the booth.