The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Quality Images and Videos (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   All Hail Most Awesome Kitteh (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=30119)

Gravdigr 05-14-2014 12:47 PM

All Hail Most Awesome Kitteh

Most Awesome Kitteh saves a little boy from a dog attack. Most Awesome Kitteh is Johnny-on-the-fucking-spot, too. The only way Most Awesome Kitteh could be more awesome, is to have foreseen, and, averted, the attack in the first place.

Good girl, Tara.

Someone get Most Awesome Kitteh some tuna. Stat!

limey 05-14-2014 04:07 PM

Don't you find the cut and edited shots of the dog approaching a little, er, contrived?

Sent by thought transference

DanaC 05-14-2014 04:11 PM

I think they are just cutting between several cctv cameras.

Gravdigr 05-14-2014 04:14 PM

What Dana said.

Home surveillance system. Multiple cameras.

DanaC 05-15-2014 02:20 AM

According to theGuardian, it was the neigbour's dog, a chow-lab cross. It has been handed over to authorities and is likely to be put down.

Aliantha 05-15-2014 06:00 AM

I saw it on the news tonight. Amazing cat.

limey 05-15-2014 08:27 AM

Okay, okay, pardon my scepticism but it didn't occur to me that an ordinary private dwelling would have so many security cameras ... They don't need 'em anyway, with GuardCat™ on the premises!

York 05-15-2014 12:30 PM

Wow , what a great animal! Superhero! It could be worse indeed altough these images seemed pretty bad to me....:sniff:

lumberjim 05-15-2014 07:04 PM

If they don't put that dog down, I bet that kid's dad will. I know I would.

Gravdigr 05-16-2014 01:55 PM

I'd probably feel the same way if it were my kid, but, I don't think the dog should be put down killed (let's call it what it is), for one instance of not being the perfect dog. Make the owner pay a fine and pay for obedience training, and allow him to have the shit sued out of him.

If there's a pattern, though, he's gotta be dealt with.

Gravdigr 05-16-2014 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limey (Post 899075)
...it didn't occur to me that an ordinary private dwelling would have so many security cameras ...

Cameras are getting to be cheap as dirt. You can get a decent ready made system w/4 cameras + recording ability and a monitor for less than $300.

infinite monkey 05-16-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 899149)
I'd probably feel the same way if it were my kid, but, I don't think the dog should be put down killed (let's call it what it is), for one instance of not being the perfect dog. Make the owner pay a fine and pay for obedience training, and allow him to have the shit sued out of him.

If there's a pattern, though, he's gotta be dealt with.

That's pretty far from not being a 'perfect' dog for an instance. A dog who will rip into a kid is a dog who will rip into a kid. He didn't accidentally get too playful and nip the kid, he stalked up to him, and he was tearing into him.

I love dogs, too. But if a dog has a propensity to do what that dog did, no amount of 'sit' is gonna knock that out of him. It's sad, but it's true.

DanaC 05-16-2014 02:27 PM

Apparently the dog is only 8 months old. In which case it may be rough play (playing at stalking prey).

Not sure I'd want to take the risk of owning the dog - but every chance given an experienced dog handler that the dog could be fine.

Gravdigr 05-16-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 899155)
if a dog has a propensity to do what that dog did, no amount of 'sit' is gonna knock that out of him. It's sad, but it's true.

Every dog, every single one, big or small, 'has the propensity' to do what that dog did. Do we kill 'em all pre-emptively?

As far as not being able to 'knock that out of him': Have you heard of any of the rescued Michael Vick dogs harming anyone, post-rescue? Some of those dogs are used as therapy dogs. Around children, and old people. And those dogs were bred to fight. That's the only reason that they exist. And those dogs haven't attacked anyone that I've heard about.

Maybe that kid kicked the dog in the nuts the day before, or 15 minutes earlier.

Also, obedience training is a damn sight more than 'sit'.

I can already see that I'm gonna be in the minority on this, so Ima shut up now.

Everybody with a dog go kill it, now. It's a vicious beast.

sexobon 05-16-2014 02:39 PM

They could make risky dogs wear dentures to be removed before they go outside.