The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Secret Santa 2013 (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=29468)

fargon 09-30-2013 03:35 PM

Secret Santa 2013

Are we doing Secret Santa this year? I thought that happened in Sept.
If I was smarter I would run it, but alas i'm to stupid.

orthodoc 09-30-2013 05:44 PM

I don't know ... I did it last year, sent a gift but didn't receive one, not that that matters. Is anyone willing to organize it?

Sundae 10-01-2013 09:26 AM

I'll organise if no-one else comes forward.
It's not ideal as I'm in a different time zone and when I'm on an early shift I'm in bed from20.30 GMT some nights.

But I'll give it a go if no-one else fancies it.
Let me know by 04/10/13 if you need me to get this party started.

busterb 10-02-2013 10:39 AM

I'm in

Clodfobble 10-02-2013 02:05 PM

I'll participate this year! (I'll also still organize again if you'd rather not Sundae, but I admit that it's always a little odd to have the organizer also involved in the gift-giving.)

BigV 10-02-2013 02:39 PM

I would love to participate this year.

Full disclosure:

I was assigned to be orthodoc's SS last year, and I didn't send her a present.

orthodoc 10-02-2013 06:31 PM

You're too ... honest, V.

As I said, doesn't matter a bit. I'd like to participate again.

fargon 10-02-2013 08:02 PM

Me also.

Lola Bunny 10-02-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 878154)

I was assigned to be orthodoc's SS last year, and I didn't send her a present.

Why didn't you? Just curious, that's all.

BigV 10-02-2013 10:27 PM

I couldn't make the hat.

Lola Bunny 10-02-2013 10:31 PM

Got no idea what you're saying. But...okay. :-P

BigV 10-02-2013 10:36 PM

I intended to make a hat for her, got all the materials, but couldn't actually make it--the hat I wanted to make was beyond my skill.

Sundae 10-06-2013 08:56 AM

Secret Santa 2013

Rules apply as in previous years.
Mostly courtesy of Monster, but they've stood the test of time. Correct me if we've added or subtracted since.

1) Must be a dwellar of over a year's standing. Sorry Newbs, but we've been burned...

2) This is more of a token gift exchange. Hard to put a monetary amount on it, but if you choose to send an expensive gift, remember that was your choice. Homemade gifts -food and crafts etc are perfectly acceptable and welcomed by many. Cock themes are always amusing.

3) Dwellars from any continent/country may participate. You can request NOT to send to another country, but if you are the only person applying from your country I may have come back to you.

4) I will pass any information on to your participant that you wish. I thin I can work out whether the info is for me as the organiser or for your Santa! For example "No silly trinkets, I need a practical gift" might be tranlated as "A practical present would be most appreciated." Whereas "I never use the tub, so no bath products" would just be forwarded on.

5) Things you like and enjoy might help your Santa, especially if you don't post much, but it's fine to take pot-luck.

6) You should be prepared to mail your gift by last posting date. I'll look up overseas shipping dates when I know where we're dealing with, but someone could confirm within the USA it would help.

7) PLEASE take a photo. It means a lot to your Santa.

All PMs to me by 1st week in November please.
Slightly earlier than usual so I can do some juggling if needs be without worry about the timezones.
DON'T assume I have your contact details.

Any Santas wanting to remain completely secret (ie not provide details to receive a gift) do let me know. Ditto feel free to contact if you'd like to receive a gift but can't send one. No promises, but we may be able to get something together.

Replying to this thread is not becoming part of the programme!
I'll chase up anyone who replies but doesn't PM me, don't worry.

Phew, think that's it.

lumberjim 10-06-2013 09:11 AM

I think I'll participate this year. Life has settled a bit. Count me in. Ok for intergalactic shipping. Cock.

zippyt 10-06-2013 09:31 AM

Well hell if he's in I have to be !!!!!
I prefer no over seas shipping