The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Happy Fathers Day (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=20517)

richlevy 06-21-2009 12:58 AM

Happy Fathers Day

Happy Fathers Day to all the Cellar dads.

I hope you have been good fathers to all of your children that you know about.:cool:

Sundae 06-21-2009 04:17 AM

I join in my congrats to all the Dads out there - have a great day.
We're going out for tapas (my treat) so I might take the camera (and therefore you) along. S'pose I'd better get in the shower...

classicman 06-21-2009 08:32 AM

thanks - same to you RL

Alluvial 06-21-2009 10:00 AM

Hope all you Dads have a great day. Steak and ... well, you know. ;)

lumberjim 06-21-2009 10:39 AM

we're going to The Drafting Room.
Quote:

Sunday Bruch Buffet Sundays 10:00am – 2:00pm

Omelet Station

Pit Ham, Crabmeat, Baby Spinach, Bacon, Cheese, Red Pepper, Grilled Red Onion, Tomatoes, Wild Mushrooms
Hot Carving Station

Prime Rib, Pit Ham, & Turkey
Crab Florentine or Ham Egg Benedict

(order with your server)
House Smoked Salmon

Chilled Shrimp

Whitefish Salad

Chocolate Chip Challah French Toast

Belgian Waffles

Bacon, Sausage

Turkey Bacon

Home Fries

Buttermilk Biscuits

Creamed Chipped Beef

Cheese Tortellini

Baby Spinach, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Cream Sauce
Moroccan Couscous Salad

Grilled Chicken & Walnut Salad

Mussels in Lager Broth

Vegetable Nori Rolls

Caesar Salad

Assorted Bagels

Seasonal Fresh Fruit

House Baked Pastries

Cookies

Crème Puffs

Coffee Cake & Brownies

Fresh Roasted Morning Star Coffee

http://www.draftingroom.com/Pictures/clip_image001.jpg House Made Warm Bourbon Sticky Buns one order per table

$16.95 Adults • $7.95 Children (5 – 12)

Shawnee123 06-21-2009 10:44 AM

Happy Father's Day to all you wonderful cellar dads!

classicman 06-21-2009 10:46 AM

That sounds really nice Jim. My kids are cooking on the BBQ - keepin it simple - burgers and dogs. We even splurged and bought some soda! Woo Hoo living on the edge over here.

morethanpretty 06-21-2009 11:05 AM

Holy crapp! thanks for the reminder. I better call my dad. He's in Florida right now, livin it up. :) (I already got him 1 present and will have another for him when he gets home)

glatt 06-21-2009 11:57 AM

My daughter's birthday today, so I'm sharing it with her. Good Father's day present, actually, to be able to share the day with your kid.

Alluvial 06-21-2009 12:44 PM

My darling husband is still laying around in the bed. It's kind of cozy, working in the office next to the bedroom, listening to him snore. :)

Sundae 06-21-2009 02:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here we go!

This is what we had:
Pan de Barra - Fresh bread served with an extra-virgin olive oil & balsamic vinegar dip (this counted as a starter, so is the only dish mostly eaten in the photo)
Paella Valenciana - Paella with chicken and mixed seafood
Albondigas a la Jardinera - Spanish-style beef meatballs, served in a tomato sauce
Pescado Blanco Frito - Deep-fried white fish, in a light and crispy batter, served with roasted garlic mayonnaise and fresh lemon
Alitas de Pollo - Marinated chicken wings
Gambas Pil Pil - King prawns, sizzling in a chilli-&-garlic-infused oil
Tortilla Espanola - Spanish-style omelette, with potato and onion
Patatas Bravas - Fried potato, with a spicy tomato sauce

It might not look like much, but we were all far too stuffed for dessert, or even really to have tea tonight. A good time was had by all. And I had fizzy water and left the 'rents the bottle of wine to share (and dad to have a pint of San Miguel). And it wasn't even a hard choice to make.

Trilby 06-21-2009 02:41 PM

it all looks so lovely! good for you!

I gave my dad a card and a Galileo thermomter (what can I get the man - he's 80!) and he didn't even say thanks.

oh well. we just don't like each other.

Shawnee123 06-21-2009 05:48 PM

We got my dad a replacement Marine Corps flag...his was getting ratty. It was my brother's idea. I never can think of what to get him, he has everything. He liked it.

xoxoxoBruce 06-21-2009 11:55 PM

Fathers

By definition a bunch of mother fuckers.

ZenGum 06-22-2009 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 576417)
By definition a bunch of mother fuckers.

[professor]

Even allowing a charitable interpertation of your use of the phrase "mother fuckers" as those who have sex with *A* mother (rather than their own mother, the usual interpretation), your claim is not entirely true.

While there is extensive overlap between the two sets, there are counter-examples both ways.
There are those who have fathered a child but never fucked a woman after she has been pregnant (rumour has it Elvis went this way).
There are those who have had sex with a mother, but who are not parents themselves.
Thus we can demonstrate referential independence between the two distinctions, and conclude that fatherhood and motherfuckerhood are conceptually orthogonal.