The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Relationships (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Deal Breakers (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18741)

Aliantha 11-17-2008 05:08 PM

Deal Breakers

We've all had relationships that've failed before...for lots of different reasons, but some of these are because of 'deal breakers'. You know what I mean. The thing that no matter how hard you try, you know you'll just never be able to accept it.

What's your deal breaker/s?

Clodfobble 11-17-2008 05:19 PM

Mocking intelligence. I don't demand that people be smart, but I demand that they consider it a good thing. This goes for significant others, friends, acquaintances... roll your eyes at the fact that someone knew something you didn't, or used a "big word," and you've got a permanent spot on the shit list.

Clodfobble 11-17-2008 05:20 PM

Oh... and being gay. :)

Cicero 11-17-2008 05:55 PM

When he says "we are getting a divorce" and "move out or I will" as that seemed to work. That's a deal breaker.

limey 11-17-2008 06:01 PM

When I'd known my now husband for just under a week I said ...
"I'd love to go on seeing you but there are two things that are not negotiable: 1) I do NOT want children and 2) I am NOT moving from where I live.
He agreed straight away:grinnylov :joylove:
We got married four and a half years later. :hearts:

Shawnee123 11-18-2008 09:16 AM

Deal breaker:

He spits out his car window, or on the sidewalk. Spitters need not apply. :lol:

I broke up with a guy once because he asked where I wanted to "set" in the restaurant. Well, he was also a namby pamby insecure "i've never loved anyone like I do you, please love me back" guy.

Pico and ME 11-18-2008 09:55 AM

Mean-spirited character assassination attacks when arguing.

Juniper 11-18-2008 10:02 AM

Do I have to choose just one? I have a LONG list.

Lying, infidelity, lack of respect for others, bad manners, bad personal hygiene, tendency toward violence...uh, those are just a few, I could probably list about 50 more.

We all deserve to be fairly picky, I think. :)

Juniper 11-18-2008 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 505375)
I broke up with a guy once because he asked where I wanted to "set" in the restaurant. Well, he was also a namby pamby insecure "i've never loved anyone like I do you, please love me back" guy.

My daughter has one of those right now. (Yeah, the 12 year old.) She broke up with him but he still sends her messages saying he loves her. (sigh) Oh wait, she has two of them, but fortunately one is long-distance. She met him at camp over the summer. He told her "you make my heart feel happy." ::groan::

This is what the future looks like.

smoothmoniker 11-18-2008 10:40 AM

apathy.

morethanpretty 11-18-2008 11:22 AM

When they say
"men are really physically/ dominant personalities
women are more emotional sexually and submissive
you are the same as any other woman
you just havent met the right man to bring it out in you
WOMEN HATE TO BE IN CHARGE
if you have to make decisions your get totally moody
you are genetically coded to want your partner to call the shots and be in charge

BLAH BLAH BLAH

certainly women would be better at talking an diplomacy than men in politics because they can relate to different parties
there is no way women can conduct war"

Yeah thats just PART of the convo. What an idiot.

Shawnee123 11-18-2008 11:28 AM

Oh Juniper: good point on bad manners. If a guy I'm with treats our server like crap, or with indifference, or talks down to people, like he's better...he's likely to get a steak knife in the eye. Figuratively, of course.

Cicero 11-18-2008 11:40 AM

I will make no deals, therefore nothing will break....If you don't buy a ticket, you don't lose.

Trilby 11-18-2008 12:21 PM

Embrace your Inner Crone and heed no quarter! Or dollar, either! I've many deal breakers but really only one absolute must-have: Kindness.

@Shawnee----I once had a guy ask me, one the FIRST DATE, if I was "fixed," ya know, like in spayed. God, was he an idiot. WTF? Anyway, I told him, "No...as a matter of fact, I'm looking to have lots of children! Seven! Did you know the seventh son of a seventh son is magic..!?" and so on but he still kept looking at my tits.

Shawnee123 11-18-2008 12:37 PM

What a maroon.

This is why I don't date! Only morons are out there. All the good ones are either gay or married Dwellars. ;)

Or giant liars...did I mention I hate liars?