The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Personality Test (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=17479)

TheMercenary 06-12-2008 01:26 PM

Personality Test

Kind of fun, took 10 min to do it.

http://www.personalityonline.com/tes....html?testid=2

lookout123 06-12-2008 01:57 PM

I'm a type 8. Some of it rings pretty true, but I'd like to think I'm not as abrasive as this makes it sound.

TYPE EIGHT: THE BOSSES
Eight's need to be powerful to make their own way in life. They are motivated to maintain territorial control over anything that can influence their lives and by the desire to stay on top in any power struggle Of all the Enneagram types, they are the most openly aggressive. They are dominant figures both at work and at home.
They enjoy being strong and judge others according to whether those others are strong or weak. They also enjoy confronting others, and are even willing to take on the whole power structure if they feel a need for radical change. Eight's are courageous and will crusade for what they believe in. They bring abundant energy to meeting challenges at work or elsewhere.

They are "natural leaders." Their overwhelming self-confidence is contagious and can generate in others the energy that is necessary to accomplish monumental tasks.

Possible Origins. Eight's survived their childhood by taking a tough personal stand. Their world felt dominated by bigger, stronger people who wanted to control their lives. The child struggled against a sense of unfair odds and survived by any form of confrontation that would make enemies back down. They gained respect from peers for not crying, for not showing weakness, and for winning fights. They quickly found that it was more fun to break the rules than it was to try to keep them.

Flawed Eight's. Although they often become leaders, the preoccupation with power and control tarnishes their leadership qualities. They are better as entrepreneurs and as such are plentiful in the business world. They are interested in making the money that allows them to control their own fates. And they like the business arena which offers them the opportunity to exercise power. They often alienate potential sources of help, pressing other people's sore spots without recognizing the damage, or feeling the need to say the worst to someone for his or her own good --INTUITIVE TACTLESSNESS.

Well-Adapted Eight's are able to get beyond control and to place their considerable powers in the service of a goal or goals outside themselves. They retain their characteristic confidence, but have learned the virtue of restraint in exercising power. They are seen as deserving of the loyalty they inspire and, in this mode, they can excel at making a beneficial difference for large numbers of people. They have immense capacity for continuous pressure and follow-through on a project.

Occupations. Eight's are attracted to the world of business, to high finance, and to the political arena, often achieving quite high status. They also make good entrepreneurs and "transformational leaders."

Finding Oneself:
Eight's probably will agree with most of the following statements:
I am very good at standing up and fighting for what I want. (Yes)
I have difficulty with compromise. (Not at all)
I am not afraid to confront other people and I do confront them. (When needed, but prefer to motivate others to confront)
I enjoy the exercise of power. (Yes, but not as much as NOT exercising it)
I am an aggressive, self-assertive person. (Yes)
l know how to get things done. (Yes)
I get bored easily and like to keep moving. (Often)
Justice and injustice are key issues for me. (Absolutely)
Generally, I don't care much for introspection or too much self-analysis. (Sounds like a neanderthal, but probably true)
I think of myself as a non-conformist. (Yes)

Sundae 06-12-2008 02:14 PM

Apparently I'm also an 8.
Quite bizarre when I loathe confrontation and my dislike of managing other people has led to me turning down a number of promotions.

It's not me at all.

TheMercenary 06-12-2008 02:16 PM

yea, me too. I am an 8.

Here is how I scored it.

Eight's probably will agree with most of the following statements:
I am very good at standing up and fighting for what I want. {yes}
I have difficulty with compromise. {often}
I am not afraid to confront other people and I do confront them. {yes, who on line would have thunk that about me?}
I enjoy the exercise of power. {not consciously, but lead, follow, or get the hell out of my way fits better}
I am an aggressive, self-assertive person. {when appropriate}
l know how to get things done. {yes, action over inaction}
I get bored easily and like to keep moving. {yes}
Justice and injustice are key issues for me. {yes}
Generally, I don't care much for introspection or too much self-analysis. {definately}
I think of myself as a non-conformist. {often}

regular.joe 06-12-2008 02:17 PM

It says I"m a type eight as well. all the same stuff.

footfootfoot 06-12-2008 02:22 PM

eight also. Not too sure about it. A lot of the questions were too vague to answer properly.

Do you walk to school or carry your lunch?

lookout123 06-12-2008 02:24 PM

Then allow me to clarify. I AM an 8. I've decided you're also an 8. Shut the fuck up.

;)

Shawnee123 06-12-2008 02:26 PM

I'm also an 8, and it really isn't much like me. A few things. Isn't it weird we're all 8s?

And I like the questions like this: do you sometimes feel lonely or dejected?

The answers are Yes, No, and Sometimes. So, if you pick sometimes, you sometimes sometimes feel lonely and dejected. If you pick yes, then you feel lonely and dejected sometimes, and if you pick no you never feel lonely and dejected.

Having sometimes as a response to a question with the word sometimes doesn't work.

I realize it's not scientific...but I'll be interested to know who doesn't score an 8 and what the other numbers stand for.

lookout123 06-12-2008 02:29 PM

That "test" is actually just a prop to start the real test. It is how we each respond to the results that will tell us our personality types. See how I turned instant asshole on that super nice guy 3foot?

TheMercenary 06-12-2008 02:31 PM

I know that a number of the questions were repeated in a different format, but if you read them carefully they moved from general questions to questions about more extreme positions. For example at the beginning it was "do you feel this" to later "do you always feel this" or "do you frequently feel this".

Shawnee123 06-12-2008 02:31 PM

[pretendwomanrant]You are SUCH an EIGHT! No matter what I try to do to make this relationship work, you continue to be an eight. It's like you don't care. Don't you see how hard I work to make you happy? What does it take for me get your attention? If you don't stop being such an eight I'm leaving, I swear![/pretendwomanrant]

Shawnee123 06-12-2008 02:32 PM

It's no MMPI, that's for sure.

DanaC 06-12-2008 02:44 PM

*chuckles* that was fun.
I am a seven apparently:

Quote:

TYPE SEVEN: THE EPICURE
Sevens have a fear of being deprived, of being in pain. They tend to be lighthearted and sunny, often addicted to planning and play. Sevens are buoyed by a belief that life is unlimited -- there are always interesting things to do.
Possible origins. Faced with a frightening early life, Seven children diffused their fear by escaping into the limitless possibilities of imagination. They have pleasant memories of their childhood years. Even with an objectively bad scenario, there is little residue of hatred or blame. The skew of attention is toward positive memory. By moving toward pleasure and away from pain, they tend to remember the best.

Flawed Sevens can allow their appetites to get out of control. This is characterized by a bodily hunger for excitement and experience. Sevens have a gourmet taste for experience, little tastes of the very best, rather than an overdose of a single experience meal. Typically they cannot stand inactivity. They stay active, but that activity is not necessarily productive: it has a restless quality about it. They delight in making plans for the future but are not good at following through on them.

As managers, they may introduce fascinating but conflicting options. They don't like to give and enforce direct orders. They try to make everyone feel like an equal participant in order to eliminate the possibility of confrontation.

Well-Adapted Sevens get over their intense fear of being deprived. Instead of consuming life, they learn to contemplate it, to plumb the depths of experience rather than to merely skim its surface. They overcome their wariness of others sufficiently to form, selectively, close and long-term attachments. They stick with tasks and occupations long enough to do them justice. Their enthusiasm and pleasure they take in what they do is infectious. Sevens are sought after for their enthusiasm and vitality and for their desire to share the enjoyment they feel.

They bring an optimism to their work, and once they get engaged they can get a lot done and take contagious pleasure in their accomplishment. At their best, they are highly productive generalists, talented in a variety of areas. Precocious as children, they grow up to be especially intelligent and multi-talented. They may settle successfully into roles in which they can apply their abundant practical intelligence to executing short-run plans or exploring new territory.

Occupations. The entertainment field is filled with Sevens, both well-adapted and flawed. Sevens are often editors, writers, or storytellers. As managers, they are the jacks-of-all-trades, knowledgeable and skilled in a number of areas. Because they learned at a young age to fend for themselves, they are survivors who are good people to have around when an organization is having trouble keeping its head above water. They are planners and synthesizers and idea gatherers.

Finding Oneself:
Sevens will probably agree with most of the following statements:
I tend to make things interesting, to make things nice. (yes)
There are very few things in life which I can't enjoy. (Yeah, I'd go with that)
I usually look on the bright side of things and don't look for the negative side of life. (not true. I look for positive and negative)
"I must be defective if I need help." (never thought that)
People say I'm often the life of the party. (nope, though I am not a wall flower either)
I often feel stuck and bored with commitment -- I like to keep my options open. (yes.)
I tend to be very enthusiastic about the future. (yes)
I seem to be attached to youth and energy. (not quite sure what that means....I feel the loss of my youth keenly:P)
Most of the time I avoid getting into really "heavy" issues. (depends. heavy issues = fine, heavy emotional issues= not fine)
I find myself expressing anger by making fun of the problem.(not really).

Sundae 06-12-2008 02:46 PM

I'm definitely more of a seven than an eight!
At least I can say yes to some of the above.

lumberjim 06-12-2008 02:51 PM

Type:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
50%30%83%23%25%43%73%88%65%

i'm a type 8 with a type 3 rising sign.