The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What was the most recent movie you watched on TV? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=15407)

Drax 09-17-2007 09:31 PM

What was the most recent movie you watched on TV?

No rulez here. Just share what movie you last saw on TV. Post a short review or comment if you wish...in italics.

For me, it wasThe Adventures Of Sharkboy And Lavagirl on Disney Channel

Sure it's a bit childish, but it's rather enjoyable. And Lavagirl's kinda perdy.

DanaC 09-18-2007 07:39 AM

Quote:

No rulez here . Just share what movie you last saw on TV. Post a short review or comment if you wish...in italics.
(bold mine)

I assume that was deliberate humour? :P

Last movie I saw on TV was Dog Soldiers on ITV, which I've been meaning to watch for the longest time and am really glad I waited for. Turns out it really is at its best, watched alone in the dark as the clock ticks its way past the Witching Hour.

Good solid horror flick. Very tense, with occassional humour to lighten it, but not corny humour. Well acted and well written, with the emphasis on human interraction, but with lots....lots.....of blood and gore.

glatt 09-18-2007 07:46 AM

An entire movie? On TV? It was probably Sound of Music a year or so ago on some holiday. Or maybe Shrek. I think I watched that in the last year.

Edit: Oops. I forgot the review in italics. Both are good movies. I think they both could be considered classics at this point.

Shawnee123 09-18-2007 08:38 AM

Out of sheer boredom, and lack of cable, I saw Anchorman over the weekend. It was as stupid as I expected it to be. I chuckled slightly a couple times, but that was about it.

Happy Monkey 09-18-2007 09:59 AM

Probably "This Movie is not Yet Rated". It was amusing.

skysidhe 09-18-2007 10:28 AM

On satellite tv I watched "First Fifty Dates" which got me teary eyed. aww
I get sappy when I don't feel well.

Followed by Cyote Ugly on the same channel which suprised me. I seems channels these days are 'theme based' in their line ups lately.

Happy Monkey 09-18-2007 11:09 AM

Pink Flamingos is amazingly horriffic.

dar512 09-18-2007 11:34 AM

I don't watch TV. I can't stand commercials and am unwilling to pay for cable - which I understand has lots of commercials now too.

bluecuracao 09-18-2007 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 386294)
Out of sheer boredom, and lack of cable, I saw Anchorman over the weekend. It was as stupid as I expected it to be. I chuckled slightly a couple times, but that was about it.

I saw part of that this weekend--my favorite scene when all the networks meet up to fight. I love when Tim Robbins shows up with the public television gang, hee hee.

Shawnee123 09-19-2007 07:51 AM

That was a part I chuckled at...that scene was pretty good.

Drax 09-23-2007 08:28 PM

The Haunting Hour: Don't think about it. on CN.

Plot summary:
  • Cassie's life changes when she moves and attends a high school ruled by the most beautiful girl in school, Priscilla and her beautiful sidekicks. Priscilla immediately takes a dislike to Cassie, and soon it's a battle between the two. But when Priscilla goes missing, along with Cassie's younger brother, Max, Cassie must go on an adventure and search for them before it's too late... Written by A Fan

Emily Osment plays 13 year old gothic girl, Cassie, trying to fit in at her new school. To entertain herself, she plays a series of pranks on the popular kids (Brittany Curran from The Suite Life of Zack and Cody and Cody Linley from Hannah Montana) and her younger brother, Max. When she goes to a Halloween store looking for new tricks, she finds a little book called 'The Evil Thing.' The Evil Thing is a monster two kids made up, and if you think about it, it will haunt you. And if you try not to think about it, you can't think of anything else! Maybe that's why the book says ' Don't Think About It.' on the last page. And that's when the spooky adventure begins.

Drax 09-23-2007 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dar512 (Post 386350)
I don't watch TV. I can't stand commercials and am unwilling to pay for cable - which I understand has lots of commercials now too.

Yes, but some shows are totally worth the irritation of commercials. Like Family Guy's version of Star Wars, which is on right now (CST) on FOX.

DucksNuts 09-23-2007 11:43 PM

I dont watch commercial TV either and I had the *cable* disconnected since they play the same shit over and over again, plus I never remember when shows I want to watch are on....I just buy the movie or boxed set.

Drax 09-24-2007 12:06 AM

Well...to each his/her own, I guess

freshnesschronic 09-24-2007 02:07 AM

Saving Private Ryan.
Even edited for TBS it was still greatness.