The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A Modest Proposal (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=20433)

Arafelis 06-09-2009 07:38 PM

A Modest Proposal

Hello! I have a proposal to make to the bored.

I've recently joined up with web board over at principiadiscordia.com. Now even though I've never posted here before (wink wink, nudge nudge), there seems to be some accident of circumstance that has led at least two of the members of said board to conclude that I am the vanguard of an invasion force from -- you guessed it -- The Cellar!

Not being one to disappoint, I thought it might be entertaining if you and I manufactured such an invasion. After all, what could be better than creating a conspiracy for the "benefit" of the Discordian?

I'm not looking to encourage anyone to troll their board, per se. Just, you know, create an account (or reactivate an old one), make a couple posts, leave when you're bored of it. I post under the same name there as here, so if you'd like to elaborate on the conspiracy elements, feel free to make cryptic comments to any of my posts and I'll play along. Or don't, it's up to you.

This can all be in good fun. See you when I see you! (I'll check replies to this post, but I'm primarily following the PD boards.)

Undertoad 06-09-2009 07:44 PM

Sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.

TheMercenary 06-09-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arafelis (Post 572226)
Hello! I have a proposal to make to the bored.

I've recently joined up with web board over at principiadiscordia.com. Now even though I've never posted here before (wink wink, nudge nudge), there seems to be some accident of circumstance that has led at least two of the members of said board to conclude that I am the vanguard of an invasion force from -- you guessed it -- The Cellar!

Not being one to disappoint, I thought it might be entertaining if you and I manufactured such an invasion. After all, what could be better than creating a conspiracy for the "benefit" of the Discordian?

I'm not looking to encourage anyone to troll their board, per se. Just, you know, create an account (or reactivate an old one), make a couple posts, leave when you're bored of it. I post under the same name there as here, so if you'd like to elaborate on the conspiracy elements, feel free to make cryptic comments to any of my posts and I'll play along. Or don't, it's up to you.

This can all be in good fun. See you when I see you! (I'll check replies to this post, but I'm primarily following the PD boards.)

Yea, fuck off. It is all in good fun.:rolleyes:

monster 06-09-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arafelis (Post 572226)
After all, what could be better than creating a conspiracy for the "benefit" of the Discordian?.

bacon
beer
chocolate
sex
no sex
no chocolate
no beer
no bacon
getting your genitals singed at a flame-throwers convention
treading in a very dead chipmunk
eating your own poop
eating someone else's poop

capnhowdy 06-09-2009 08:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
only one post and.......
Attachment 23732

Aliantha 06-09-2009 08:12 PM

lol...good grief!

If you really are a new poster, then you don't know the history. I suggest you have a read through some of the threads on here, specifically this one. The last 15 pages or so should do it.

Arafelis 06-09-2009 08:28 PM

The last fifteen or so pages of that thread appear to be about who is or isn't an instigator, how people feel about each other, and TheMercenary telling people to shut up.

Is there something maybe I should try a forum search for, instead? I tried a "principiadiscordia" one before I registered, but the topics that resulted seemed to have very little to do with any kind of inter-site history. Similarly, there's obviously a great deal of disdain on PrincipiaDiscordia for these forums, but very little actual substance as to why that's the case.

SteveDallas 06-09-2009 08:30 PM

I wish I had a C-clamp big enough to put around my head, so I could just turn it and turn it and turn it till I pass out our explode, whatever comes first.

monster 06-09-2009 08:37 PM

Hon, they safaried here, they didn't take well to the return visit. Nuff said. It's all done and dusted several times over. Plus they left us a few lunatics who thought they could find a more receptive audience for the BS here (and a couple who wanted to educate us in the error of our forum ways). Now they're paranoid we want "revenge". Now piss off. no offence.

(That forum gets abbreviated as PD sometimes, also use safari as a search term if you really are as clueless as you make out)

Aliantha 06-09-2009 08:53 PM

Or you could just look up the user Tiki and check out a few of her posts. They might be enlightening.

Aliantha 06-09-2009 08:59 PM

Also, you must be a fast reader.

SteveDallas 06-09-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 572246)
(That forum gets abbreviated as PD sometimes, also use safari as a search term if you really are as clueless as you make out)

Unintentional troll is still a troll.

classicman 06-09-2009 09:05 PM

Or you could just go back over there and never come back. PD is a lot like VD around here, something we want nothing to do with. No thanks.
Oh and Fuck Cancer!

Aliantha 06-09-2009 09:08 PM

and have a blessed day!

Arafelis 06-09-2009 09:31 PM

I'm quite a fast reader!

I'm not sure I understand. They didn't take well to a return visit; so what? It's not like any of you care what they have to say. And they appear to be deeply paranoid about "your" (collective. They can't seem to distinguish between individuals well) return.

The entertainment potential seems to be obvious.