The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Health (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Bad News (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=24738)

Sundae 09-01-2011 05:49 AM

Good news, good news.
Very happy to read good news in a bad news thread.

And VERY happy that someone is treating you properly.
The rub-some-dirt-on-it approach might work when you're six, but make-do-and-mend is not appropriate medical treatment for any adult, let alone one who has served his country.

It happens here too and it baffles me.
Surely the Armed Forces (current and ex) should get the very best healthcare available?
I'd be happy to wait a little bit longer for treatment if someone who had put their life on the line was receiving it instead.

All too often, the only people with access to full and immediate care are the very rich, the monarchy and politicians. If David Cameron or Prince Harry was hit by a car on a zebra crossing, they probably wouldn't have to queue up for 20 minutes (standing!) at a triage window, and then wait 9 hours for treatment. And then find the wrong part of the leg had been X-Rayed, so go back for another 7 hour wait.

Okay, I didn't serve.
How much more frustrating must it be if you did?
You should get a Priority Pass, like you do in theme parks.

Anyway, sorry - a bit of an off topic rant.
Yay for the doctor looking after you for us.

Big Sarge 09-01-2011 09:34 AM

thank you sweetie. things haven't improved much, but he has lifted my spirits greatly by taking the approach of treating me as a whole person. there is some concern about the shape of the tumor, but we're going to do another mri

infinite monkey 09-01-2011 09:39 AM

Sarge, is your new doc by any chance a D.O.?

We started going to an upstart D.O.'s office when I was a teenager (just two docs then...now it's many docs and P.A.s and Nurse Practs, etc) and I remember learning about how D.O.s treat the whole person. I've been going to that office ever since. My doc asks me questions about my life, how I'm feeling, how it might relate to this or that...he doesn't treat me like a set of symptoms.

I'm glad you found a good one. :)

Lola Bunny 09-01-2011 10:44 AM

I'm glad to hear you're heading somewhere rather than nowhere in term of treatments.

Big Sarge 09-01-2011 01:54 PM

My new doc is Indian and specializes in Endocrine & Metabolic Disorders. Really a great guy

DanaC 09-01-2011 02:05 PM

So glad to hear it Sarge. Sounds like you're in much better hands with this new doc.

BrianR 09-01-2011 06:14 PM

Great news Sarge! You finally hit the jackpot in the VA lottery!

We can even compare racks sometime! LOL

ZenGum 09-01-2011 08:34 PM

:lol:

Actually, when sarge posted that picture of the not terribly feminine dispatcher he works with, I was kind of wondering if he was preparing us for a Big Announcement, and maybe we would end up with another Pamela.

Big Sarge 09-02-2011 11:10 PM

I think my boobs are already bigger than our dispatcher. The only problem is I'm growing so much fur I won't have to wear clothes before long. I'm already considering trying to do a comb over using my pubes

DanaC 09-03-2011 07:19 AM

You're turning into a werewolf? Cool as fuck!

Big Sarge 09-03-2011 03:57 PM

Dana when my clothes are off, I look like a panda (white chest hair) sprouting boobs. LOL

DanaC 09-03-2011 04:26 PM

Werepanda!

ZenGum 09-03-2011 07:43 PM

With red toenails, no less.

I reckon crime will fall pretty fast once word of that gets around. Seriously, would you want to be arrested by that???

Big Sarge 09-03-2011 09:26 PM

I'll try to dig up some old photos of me undercover back in the early 90's. Talk about freaking folks out. LOL.

werepanda - love it & I'll start using that.

monster 09-03-2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Sarge (Post 754356)
werepanda - love it & I'll start using that.

user title