The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Health (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   lyme disease. less fun than a barrel of monkeys (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=25551)

footfootfoot 07-24-2011 12:40 PM

lyme disease. less fun than a barrel of monkeys

Though I have no rash, I am 99% certain that I have Lyme disease and I'm taking Doxy for it. I'm waiting for the shit to kick in. I am getting a taste of what arthritis is like and it ain't pretty. Imagine being unable to button your shirt or pull up your zipper.
Now imagine that you are sober and you can't do those things.

fuck ticks and their shitty attitudes.

Griff 07-24-2011 12:51 PM

My brother is fighting it as well. Beyond the physical pain the psychiatric effects can also be disabling. Stay on the drugs, my brother quit before his Dr. wanted him to and the bitch came right back. Make sure your Doc is experienced and up to date on this.

Trilby 07-24-2011 02:43 PM

Oh, foot, sorry about this but sooooo glad you''re on the Doxy. Saw an Intervention about a chick who got alllllll messed up on pain killers due to undiagnosed Lymes. Hang tough and fuck a tick!

glatt 07-24-2011 07:07 PM

Sorry Foot! I hope you get better quickly.

ZenGum 07-24-2011 10:39 PM

Ugh. I might possibly have been exposed to Lyme when I had that tick on my gentleman's area in Japan. I saw some pictures on the net and decided, no way was that happening to my plums! Off to the doctor, despite the language difficulties. I took the dox, no sign of the pox!

HungLikeJesus 07-25-2011 12:16 AM

There once was a man named ZenGum
Who had a tick on his plum
He went to the docs
Now no sign of the pox

Oops, ran out of time.

ZenGum 07-25-2011 03:43 AM

:lol:

... but a plague of zits on his bum!

casimendocina 07-25-2011 06:12 AM

Ticks...yet another indication that God does not exist.

Stay on the meds and get better soon 3Foot.

infinite monkey 07-25-2011 07:53 AM

I am so very not happy that I cannot find a decent clip of Demetri Martin's Avengers skit. Remember, he became a superhero to avenge his father's death, then his mom finds out years later he actually died of lyme disease?

The Avenger was at his dad's gravestone and changed "Brutally Murdered by Thugs" to Brutally Murdered by Ticks, using a posty note with the word 'ticks' on it.

It's hilarious. I know it was posted before but all I can find now are crappy clips in 30 second intervals taped off the TV onto someone's smartphone.

But feet should remember it.

Spexxvet 07-25-2011 07:59 AM

Hope you feel better soon, Foots
Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 746230)
Imagine being unable to ... pull up your zipper.

Trolling again, are ya?;)

Lola Bunny 07-25-2011 10:03 AM

So sorry to hear Foot! I hope you'll feel better soon. How did you even know you had Lyme's disease?

footfootfoot 07-25-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casimendocina (Post 746437)
Ticks...yet another indication that God does not exist.

Stay on the meds and get better soon 3Foot.

"God in his wisdom made the fly,
and then forgot to tell us why." (Ogden Nash)

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 746471)
I am so very not happy that I cannot find a decent clip of Demetri Martin's Avengers skit. Remember, he became a superhero to avenge his father's death, then his mom finds out years later he actually died of lyme disease?

The Avenger was at his dad's gravestone and changed "Brutally Murdered by Thugs" to Brutally Murdered by Ticks, using a posty note with the word 'ticks' on it.

It's hilarious. I know it was posted before but all I can find now are crappy clips in 30 second intervals taped off the TV onto someone's smartphone.

But feet should remember it.

I do, that was hilarious

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lola Bunny (Post 746528)
So sorry to hear Foot! I hope you'll feel better soon. How did you even know you had Lyme's disease?

Fever for 5 days, no respiratory or GI symptoms, arthritis like pains that roam all over my body not staying in one place more than a day or so, skull splitting headaches, living in a big fat tick hole.

Griff 07-25-2011 07:40 PM

So you didn't get the bullseye? Lil' Griff should is at the walk-in right now to check out a damn bullseye thingy on her sternum...

HungLikeJesus 07-25-2011 07:46 PM

Ringworm?

By the way, interesting verb conjugation, Griff.

Griff 07-25-2011 07:51 PM

should is... I need wrote more or less ;)

Ticks sometimes leave a bullseye pattern when they bite.

icky