The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   We need a game thread (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=12149)

morethanpretty 10-25-2006 12:16 AM

We need a game thread

or perhaps I just missed it.
What is your game of choice?

World of Warcraft. Main on Sagares, NightElf Druid, Balance Spec (thinkin of changing to Feral...but I just got Moonkin form), Skinner/Leatherworker, Order of the White Lions, current lvl 41, Alylin.

wolf 10-25-2006 12:33 AM

I am not playing any MMORPGs. I tried Kingdom of Loathing, briefly, but then things got too busy at work and I wasn't able to keep up.

I did recently find a fairly nice site for Scorpion Solitaire, though.

Ibby 10-25-2006 06:04 AM

Oblivion, Half-Life 2, Defcon, Quake 4... but I really dont play much anymore.

Shawnee123 10-25-2006 08:31 AM

Nancy Drew!

Flint 10-25-2006 08:36 AM

hide the sausage

Shawnee123 10-25-2006 08:37 AM

:lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint
hide the sausage

Happy Monkey 10-25-2006 11:55 AM

I celebrated Saint Sneaky Pete's Day this morning on Kingdom of Loathing with blinking badges and orange glowsticks. I've ascended 15 times so far. The clan name is Cellar.

I beat Oblivion a while back. There's a new add-on pack out, so I may play a bit more when I pick that up.

I'm looking forward to "Spore" and "Portal".

mrnoodle 10-25-2006 12:03 PM

I played WoW for a long time but finally broke the addiction. I might go back for the expansion -- I have this notion that I somehow let the people in my guild down, although they are fine without me. lol

I play Wolfenstein ET now. The new, cool shooters are fun enough, but ET is free, there's always a server, and it kills the time jsut as much.

EVE online is still taking 15 bucks out of my account every month. It was good too, but had the hyperaddictive qualities of WoW so I weaned myself. I'm starting to miss WoW. :lol: maybe I'll logon this week.

morethanpretty 10-25-2006 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrnoodle
I played WoW for a long time but finally broke the addiction. I might go back for the expansion -- I have this notion that I somehow let the people in my guild down, although they are fine without me. lol

I play Wolfenstein ET now. The new, cool shooters are fun enough, but ET is free, there's always a server, and it kills the time jsut as much.

EVE online is still taking 15 bucks out of my account every month. It was good too, but had the hyperaddictive qualities of WoW so I weaned myself. I'm starting to miss WoW. :lol: maybe I'll logon this week.

I can only play once or so a week. Its taken my over a year to hit 41.

Elspode 10-25-2006 04:55 PM

I suck at strategy, MMORP, even group FPS CF's. Right now, all I play is an older game I picked up for $5 at Big Lots, "Tread Marks", an over-the-top tank shoot 'em up. Occasionally, I play my 20 year old in a networked game, but mostly, I just blow up the AI's, running at 40% skill. I'm not looking for a challenge, I'm looking to blow shit up.

BigV 10-25-2006 05:34 PM

Nintendo DS -- Mario Kart DS.

I have recently (one week) "completed" the game; I won gold trophies on each of the levels, 50, 100, 150 cc and then 150cc mirror mode. I have unlocked all the chars and all the cars. I'm a happy camper! But now I am trying to complete all the missions. I have set for myself a minimum goal of one star quality of performance on all the missions. I have completed the first two blocks of missions and am kinda stuck. I don't have the skills yet to "snake" well. Anybody here play this game? Tips welcome. I'm willing to trade. I do know a couple of shortcuts. Very very entertaining game, with considerable replay value.

Sperlock 10-25-2006 08:48 PM

I haven't played too many games lately, but for those that I have:
Neverwinter Nights (finally finished Hordes of the Underdark a few weeks ago - been too busy to play it)
Master of Magic (hooray DOSBox. Now if only an updated version would be made).
Bejeweled 2. Just as addicting as the first.

No MMORPG's for me. I haven't done those since the day they were called MUDs and were pure text.

maninthebox 10-25-2006 09:53 PM

I love games, haven't played in a while though. I've been hooked on Half Life 2: Episode 2. Can't wait untill Episode 3 comes out and Portal. Waiting on the Nintendo Wii to come out, but probably won't buy untill next year. Still yet to finish GTA: San Andreas on the PC. Been too busy playing the game of life right now though. lol

Ibby 10-25-2006 10:03 PM

Actually episode 2 isnt out yet, they kinda messed up naming them, so HL2 is more like episode zero.

maninthebox 10-25-2006 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibram
Actually episode 2 isnt out yet, they kinda messed up naming them, so HL2 is more like episode zero.

Yeah, you're pretty much right. I think they should have just went and put the rest of the "episodes" on Half Life 2 because the game was kinda short anyway. Still love the game though. It really draws you into the experience and makes you feel like you are Gordon. If anyone here is a fan of Half Life, check this comic out- http://www.hlcomic.com/archive/index.php You'll be sure to get some laughs out of this.