The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cities and Travel (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   what did YOU do this weekend? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13940)

Sun_Sparkz 04-21-2007 03:27 AM

what did YOU do this weekend?

2 Attachment(s)

Sun_Sparkz 04-21-2007 03:30 AM

dewy

1 Attachment(s)

Sun_Sparkz 04-21-2007 03:35 AM

raffee

2 Attachment(s)
i went to the zoo

lumberjim 04-21-2007 09:00 AM

that's a great shot of the Lion. had you just fed the tiger? they don't allow that kind of thing over here. yikes

elSicomoro 04-21-2007 10:08 AM

Well, that's what happens when you try to feed them McDonald's. What the fuck did I tell you about that shit?!

duck_duck 04-21-2007 02:24 PM

Great photos! My weekend will not be that exciting.

SteveDallas 04-21-2007 04:19 PM

Fri. AM... get to the office. Mrs. Dallas calls and says a neighbor is having her mom's baby grand piano delivered.. and wants to dump their old upright. When the movers show up they say they'll move the old one to our house for $120. Mrs. Dallas says she has $90 in her pocket and they can have that or a check for $120. They take the cash.

Fri. PM Mrs. Dallas--off to play piano for a rehearsal. Me--off to dress rehearsal for orchestra concert. I drag the kids along, partly so my daughter the cello player can hear the cello soloist. The kids leave the auditorium after 10 minutes in favor of the lounge downstairs.

Sat. AM Mrs. Dallas--off to another rehearsal to pay piano. Son has little league game at 9:30AM, so I take the kids to that. (Daughter doesn't want to go, so of course is sullen etc.)

After the game... bring the kids back home, drop them while I go cash a check at the bank. Mrs. Dallas returns home for about 30 minutes before running out to get her picture taken for the directory at the church where she plays piano.

1 PM --daughter's cello lesson. Son whines because his noise-making ability is curtailed.

Post-lesson.. Kids are whining because I want them to do something besides TV & computer. Mrs. Dallas gets back, we eat lunch, putter around the house, read The Cellar, etc.

7:30PM, Orchestra concert, me playing, Mrs. Dallas listening, kids at home.

Sunday... 8:15AM warm up to play handbells at a couple church services. Mrs. Dallas also playing, and keyboards as well. Quick rehearsal after the services are over, then Mrs. Dallas is off to a meeting and another rehearsal for the afternoon. The kids and I will, meantime, attend two little league games, not to mention having the kids' photos taken for team picture day.

Right. Anybody sorry they asked??

Clodfobble 04-21-2007 04:51 PM

We took the kids to drive by the new house this weekend, and play at the new neighborhood playground. We won't be able to take them inside for another two weeks, but they were excited nonetheless.

Perry Winkle 04-21-2007 05:44 PM

Fri. 13th: National Zoo for 4 hours, would have been 5 but fate decided I would be an hour late. 4 hours of driving to and from.

Fri. 20th, 7:30 PM: Beginner contra dance lesson.
Fri. 20th, 8:30 PM: Contra dancing.

Sat. 21st, 8:00 AM: Gym
10:00 AM: Shower
11:30 AM: Lunch
11:50 AM: Walk
12:35 PM: Try to talk on phone over the sound of a waterfall.
6:00 PM: Dinner, avoiding sideways, prying questions from parents.

Sun. 22nd, 8:00 AM: Gym
10:00 AM: Shower
1:00 PM: Lunch
6:00 PM: Airport or just drive to "Bawlmer"
?:?? PM: Dinner and putz'ing around "Bawlmer"

Mon. 23rd: Start new job.

bluecuracao 04-21-2007 07:08 PM

Friday night, we got the store fully covered and went on a real date! Ventured over to the "see-and-be-seen" Rittenhouse Square, where we had pan-Asian beers and snacks at the least-crowded trendy lounge we could find. There was a little old Russian guy at the bar flirting with all the girls; we chatted a bit while Monkeyboy was outside having a smoke. :D

While outside, MB was approached by a poor lost biker guy, asking if he knew of a bar that "doesn't have all this," wiggling his hands around. So MB directed him to the reliable McGlinchey's a few blocks away. Then we went to see Grindhouse at the Roxy Theatre. If you haven't seen it yet, you oughta--in a theatre, and the older the better.

Saturday, we grocery-shopped at Reading Terminal Market, had beers at the Beer Garden (a must), and tried to find a large propane tank for our grill at Kmart in the Gallery. No luck, so we'll be having pan-fried burgers tonight.

Sunday, I'll be attempting to make our website layout work in GoLive, which I'm trying to learn tonight.

Sun_Sparkz 04-21-2007 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 336149)
that's a great shot of the Lion. had you just fed the tiger? they don't allow that kind of thing over here. yikes

Yeah i had just fed him. we gave him 2kg of horse meat. there are some other shots i got where i stood with my back to the fence and fed him over my shoulder and they lok way cool too. i could feel his breath on the back of my neck. very cool and a very eerie feeling. He was much more gentle than i thought he would be, and he gave us a little roar when we first arrived as he could smell the meat, what a great sound that was.

Elspode 04-22-2007 12:05 AM

Damn...I was sort of enamoured of the notion that you were taunting a huge tiger with a pair of barbeque tongs.

TheMercenary 04-22-2007 06:56 AM

Very good pictures. Thanks.

DanaC 04-22-2007 10:35 AM

Great pics!

My weekend has been way less exciting.

Friday evening: The Royal British Legion (Ovenden Branch) Spring show. Basically that involves sitting in a smoky working men's club listening to mediocre singers massacre golden oldies and a 'comedian' (I use that term with some hesitation) making borderline racist, sexist, homophobic jokes and doing a very bad ventriloquy routine.

Sat: Morning spent posting leaflets through people's doors.
Lunchtime, walk the dog
Afternoon spent posting leaflets through people's doors
Evening, visit my friend whose husband (also my friend) passed away three nights ago. Then settled down to a glass or three of wine and Doctor Who on TV.

Sun: Morning, had a lie in *smiles* how delightful. Then walked the dog. Did an online exercise for a history module.
Afternoon, spent shoving leaflets through people's doors.

duck_duck 04-22-2007 02:54 PM

I've had an exciting weekend of watching DVDs and playing on the computer. :neutral: